Disgaea 3 or Dragon's Crown?

#31talesfan215Posted 9/26/2013 10:53:47 PM
Couldn't finish Dragon's Crown for some reason, but loved Disgaea 3. Couldn't put it down. All that's left is to do the extra maps now, I want Laharl. :)
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#32NinjaGamer_23Posted 9/26/2013 11:37:02 PM
Both are awesome. Is disgaea 3 still free for ps+ users?
#33Mewtwo_soulPosted 9/27/2013 12:26:17 AM
SuperDogqHD posted...
LiquiDZerO posted...
SuperDogqHD posted...
MetalZoic posted...
Dragons Crown is a fantastic game.

You have pretty low standards

name a better beat em up game, but i know you can't. it's consensus that the best were D&D Shadows of Mystara and Alien vs. Predator, Dragon's Crown eclipses both of them.

i've played the above mentioned games, streets of rage 1/2/3, every final fight, captain commando, D&D tower of doom, x-men: the arcade game, golden axe 1&2, altered beast, double dragon 1&2 (arcade), tmnt: the arcade, tmnt turtles in time, knights of the round, river city ransom, scott pilgrim, as well as all the battletoads games.

the animation is extremely fluid and the music is equally amazing. the thing is, it's a beat em up game so if you're not familiar with the genre you get ignorant comments like SuperDogqHD's. it's not wrong to dislike the game because you don't like the genre, i for one can't enjoy a sports game no matter how well it's crafted. however, to say it's a junk game is extremely deceptive and completely untrue.

I never said it was junk, learn to read. I said it was mediocre and repetitive.

Repetitive isn't always a negative point, and mediocre. I highly disagree. "The story is bland." Not all games need a good story, dear god if that makes them good, then I guess Mario must be the epitome of garbage.

On that note, considering the gameplay is fluid and extremely addictive TC, I recommend both.

If going for one at a time (issues with money) Which do you prefer: Strategy RPGS with long grindfests, or games like Final Fight/Double Dragon (if it lacked RPG elements for DD)
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#34talesfan215Posted 9/27/2013 4:54:18 AM
One thing I didn't like much about Disgaea 3 was how much demons were reused from Disgaea 2. Disgaea 1 had really unique classes compared to 2, but 3 only had a few new demons.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#35DaramuePosted 9/27/2013 5:55:27 AM
NinjaGamer_23 posted...
Both are awesome. Is disgaea 3 still free for ps+ users?

It isn't.

TC, Disgaea 3 has my recommendation. It's a pretty fun game with a very silly plot. There's little to hate and much to enjoy. I can see how some might not like it due to the "grindy"-ness of the gameplay, so if that's something that turns you off, you might want to consider that. Despite that, there is an awesome game there.
---
"I object....for objection's sake!" ~Franziska Von Karma
"How many horse-powers does it have, Mr. Nick? How many horsies?" ~ Pearl Fey
#36AfroSaviorPosted 9/27/2013 7:34:38 AM
Another thing to consider: With Disgaea 3, you can listen to your own music while playing! Dragon's Crown used to do that until it was patched. Both are amazing games by far, so you have nothing to lose by getting both. Also, if you're into importing games, I would consider Senran Kagura Shinobi Versus and One Piece Kaizoku Musou 2 (if you don't have the ps3 version already).
---
"Trancend the stars!"
PSN: Smexy_Afro