Anyone else super excited for Ys: Memories of Celceta?

#51LevittaPosted 9/27/2013 7:23:45 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Ys: I & II(DS) were the only other Ys games I've played besides Seven. I think it's unanimously agreed that Seven was the best in the series.

Actually most veterans of the series usually agree Oath in Felghana is the best Ys game and Ys Seven is one of the weaker entries.(I'm not a veteran, but I would agree)

Lord_Vishana posted...
Xseed has been acting kinda strange with definitive release dates recently. Rune Factory IV was delayed a few times and now it's releasing the same time as Etrian Odyssey Untold. I think early November is possible despite it still being a tentative date.

I don't think XSEED ever stated Rune Factory's release date until recently and previous dates were just placeholders.
---
Trails in the Sky has some of the best writing and most fleshed out world I've seen in a RPG. Now coming to Steam Winter 2013. Sequel confirmed Summer 2014
#52KaiserJanusPosted 9/27/2013 7:36:25 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Ys: I & II(DS) were the only other Ys games I've played besides Seven. I think it's unanimously agreed that Seven was the best in the series.

Actually most veterans of the series usually agree Oath in Felghana is the best Ys game and Ys Seven is one of the weaker entries.(I'm not a veteran, but I would agree)

Huh I guess I AM the only one who thinks otherwise ~\-_-/~
---
Alone an "opinion" is meaningless, but with enough people. An "opinion" can change the world.
#53LevittaPosted 9/27/2013 7:38:41 AM
Well I did say usually. :P
---
Trails in the Sky has some of the best writing and most fleshed out world I've seen in a RPG. Now coming to Steam Winter 2013. Sequel confirmed Summer 2014
#54KaiserJanusPosted 9/27/2013 7:43:28 AM
And that "usually" means most.. .

Ah well whatever happens, having a degree of change is better than 4+ games of the same thing, only with a few tweaks to make it "new".
---
Alone an "opinion" is meaningless, but with enough people. An "opinion" can change the world.
#55Tempest717Posted 9/27/2013 7:47:31 AM
I'm still playing Ys 7, but I just can't seem to get into the game as much as I'd like, it makes me feel like somethings wrong with me, every person I've seen talk about the series gives it so much praise :<
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
#56RygonPosted 9/27/2013 7:50:52 AM
You guys new to the series should watch for Steam sales. I've gotten all three on there for an excellent price and they have been remarkable games. Origin is my favorite. I feel it is the most balanced and polished.
---
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108
#57LevittaPosted 9/27/2013 7:51:20 AM
KaiserJanus posted...
And that "usually" means most.. .

Ah well whatever happens, having a degree of change is better than 4+ games of the same thing, only with a few tweaks to make it "new".

Of course. I'm happy Falcom changes up their gameplay, so it doesn't get stale. Ys Seven was just a little clumsy in its execution just like Ark of Napishtim was and hopefully Celceta turns out like the transition from Ark to Oath.
---
#58Prince ShondronaiPosted 9/27/2013 8:13:37 AM
Love the Ys series, and can't wait for Celceta. Got the Silver Edition pre-ordered.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#59alexg1989Posted 9/27/2013 9:00:38 AM
babbols posted...
I am, too!
Although, I'm not a fan of the series and never knew what kind of game or series I'll be getting into, I bought it and even pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition just for the game!
I don't want any spoilers, so I'll get hyped myself about it.
All I want to know is: Will I be able to play or understand the game even if I'm not a fan of the game and never played any of its series before? I mean, like, is it necessary for me to know about the Ys series so I'll know the story once I play Memories of Celceta or it's a completely new story or something?

I believe Ys MoC is a remake of an older Ys game... anywho, no you can start with Ys MoC and not miss anything really. The story isn't really a focal point of the series. Only the first two games fed off eachother, the rest were sort of standalone titles, kind of like the FF series where each game has a separate story, except in Ys you play as the same character in all the games...

anywho, if you're excited for MoC but have never played Ys before, trying Ys Seven out should be a no brainer. Ys MoC's gameplay is largely based on it and its a beast of a game on its own. Also, it has the best story out of all the Ys games I've played and is the most fun. The best way to prepare yourself for MoC is to play Ys Seven.
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#60babbolsPosted 9/27/2013 9:07:34 AM
alexg1989 posted...
babbols posted...
I am, too!
Although, I'm not a fan of the series and never knew what kind of game or series I'll be getting into, I bought it and even pre-ordered the Anniversary Edition just for the game!
I don't want any spoilers, so I'll get hyped myself about it.
All I want to know is: Will I be able to play or understand the game even if I'm not a fan of the game and never played any of its series before? I mean, like, is it necessary for me to know about the Ys series so I'll know the story once I play Memories of Celceta or it's a completely new story or something?

I believe Ys MoC is a remake of an older Ys game... anywho, no you can start with Ys MoC and not miss anything really. The story isn't really a focal point of the series. Only the first two games fed off eachother, the rest were sort of standalone titles, kind of like the FF series where each game has a separate story, except in Ys you play as the same character in all the games...

anywho, if you're excited for MoC but have never played Ys before, trying Ys Seven out should be a no brainer. Ys MoC's gameplay is largely based on it and its a beast of a game on its own. Also, it has the best story out of all the Ys games I've played and is the most fun. The best way to prepare yourself for MoC is to play Ys Seven.

Oh, okie. Thanks!
I guess I'll buy all of the Ys series once I got my paychecks!
I might even buy the three of them from Vita's PS Store for $15 each though, damn.
Anyway, thanks for the recommendation! Might really test it out to see what series I'm getting into since I just don't want to get hyped just because there was a special edition (I mean, really, that's the only thing that hyped me to buy the game) so might as well start from scratch!
---
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth!"