Anyone else super excited for Ys: Memories of Celceta?

#71NIK12787Posted 9/27/2013 9:59:28 PM
As much I enjoy the Ys games, I lack a Vita, but the game does look amazing. I need to get a Vita soon.
---
XBL Gamertag: FMA Winry
PSN Tag: Chobits_Chi
#72helldewPosted 9/27/2013 10:38:08 PM
Levitta posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Ys: I & II(DS) were the only other Ys games I've played besides Seven. I think it's unanimously agreed that Seven was the best in the series.

Actually most veterans of the series usually agree Oath in Felghana is the best Ys game and Ys Seven is one of the weaker entries.(I'm not a veteran, but I would agree)

Lord_Vishana posted...
Xseed has been acting kinda strange with definitive release dates recently. Rune Factory IV was delayed a few times and now it's releasing the same time as Etrian Odyssey Untold. I think early November is possible despite it still being a tentative date.

I don't think XSEED ever stated Rune Factory's release date until recently and previous dates were just placeholders.

its insanely untrue that most Ys fans consider Oath the best BTW. honestly its a really mixed consenus of Origin 7 and Oath. a lot of people consider Origin to be kinda just a better game overall then Oath and usually recemend playing oath before Origin for that reason. Oath gives a very different feel then origin though considering Oath you actually travel around a land where as in Origin your climbing a huge tower (which is actaully way more fun then i thought it would be).

Ark is considered ass on PSP decent on PS2 and really good on PC. Ys1 is considered alright while Ys2 is freaking crazy fun.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#73DrakillionPosted 9/27/2013 10:46:44 PM
Sort of, but that's because it's the only noteworthy release that I know of right now that I want to get. Oh, and getting a game for the Vita is special for me because I'm a bit picky xD So when I heard it was an Action JRPG, that alone perked up a lot of my interest.

I pre-ordered the Collector's Edition but I'll try out Y's Seven first. If I like it, I'll keep it. If I don't, I can just canel it.

Yeah, I know. It sounds completely dumb, but I've had my share of good games because I just bought them out of a whim.
---
Fact: Laziness and intelligence DO NOT mix!
(GT: Yukiko on Fire) (PSN ID: LeoNexGen)
#74gadgaurdPosted 9/27/2013 10:46:59 PM
helldew posted...
Levitta posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
Ys: I & II(DS) were the only other Ys games I've played besides Seven. I think it's unanimously agreed that Seven was the best in the series.

Actually most veterans of the series usually agree Oath in Felghana is the best Ys game and Ys Seven is one of the weaker entries.(I'm not a veteran, but I would agree)

Lord_Vishana posted...
Xseed has been acting kinda strange with definitive release dates recently. Rune Factory IV was delayed a few times and now it's releasing the same time as Etrian Odyssey Untold. I think early November is possible despite it still being a tentative date.

I don't think XSEED ever stated Rune Factory's release date until recently and previous dates were just placeholders.

its insanely untrue that most Ys fans consider Oath the best BTW. honestly its a really mixed consenus of Origin 7 and Oath. a lot of people consider Origin to be kinda just a better game overall then Oath and usually recemend playing oath before Origin for that reason. Oath gives a very different feel then origin though considering Oath you actually travel around a land where as in Origin your climbing a huge tower (which is actaully way more fun then i thought it would be).

Ark is considered ass on PSP decent on PS2 and really good on PC. Ys1 is considered alright while Ys2 is freaking crazy fun.

Well he/she did say most veterans, which I think is true. Mainly because I've seen a lot of old time fans hating on the team system.

On a side note, I find Oath easier than VII, mainly because those spell rings were pretty cheap. Especially the earth one, which straight up makes you invincible for a second. Saved my ass a ridiculous amount of times. Now that I think about it, I still need to do Nightmare mode in VII...
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#75Radiantist027Posted 9/30/2013 10:04:47 PM
This thread makes me happy.
---
Everyone should go get and play The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Seriously, go out and buy it!
#76RankorrPosted 10/1/2013 1:14:48 AM
UponADarkThorne posted...
darkdragongirl posted...
I purchased 2 copies of the Silver edition so I can sell them on eBay at a higher rate, and then preordered a regular edition for myself.

This sort of behavior is really, really crappy.

Anyway, pre-ordered it. It was what finally sold me on a Vita.

I'd have to disagree. Anyone interested in this game honestly knows how it goes---if you don't pre order this type of game, you will likely not get one (Special editions of course, specifically in this case). If they [somehow] are a fan of this genre/series and did NOT hear about this game, and/or pre order it by release, it's not like they would have picked one up anyways. If this guy didn't buy two to resell, some other people would have picked it up.

Heck I'd go as far to say that, pretending EVERYONE who bought one to keep and play, even then, the fans late to the game still wouldn't have one, since by then they'd be all sold out. Besides, like the person said later, if the consumers are willing to pay higher than retail that is there prerogative, obviously it's worth it to them.

(P.S. Yes of course before you ask, I purchase many items in gaming to in turn resell for profit, AND I've been on the other side and purchased items, most recently a Comic Con Heroclix exclusive, and paid double what it's retail was because I was late to the game. It was worth it to me, and I didn't sit there thinking the seller was a horrible person for doing so.)

TL;DR: No one is forcing anyone to buy anything above the retail, but if they choose so I hardly see how it's a behavior you would not condone.
#77HellsingOrgPosted 10/1/2013 2:48:31 AM
Oh look!

another game that EU is not getting >__>
---
The bird of Hermes is my name eating my wings to make me tame.
#78CrayonmuffinPosted 10/1/2013 2:49:24 AM
It looks neat but I don't know if it's my kind of game. Anyone care to enlighten me?
#792ndAtomiskPosted 10/1/2013 3:18:10 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Did anyone else preorder the Silver Anniversary edition? I did. :-)

Soundtrack that spans the entire series? Of course I pre-ordered it!
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#80ServantOfErieosPosted 10/1/2013 5:33:55 AM
HellsingOrg posted...
Oh look!

another game that EU is not getting >__>

It's so painful.

Like, Europe's running the world and these companies won't even show us any respect.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...