Vita // Vita TV // PS4 Ecosystem FAQ [2.0]

#31Semi45aPosted 11/27/2013 9:33:43 PMmessage detail
this make a new version. this misinformation may upset some possible potential buyers.
---
#Likeasandwich, #dealwithit
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#32LvthnPosted 12/9/2013 12:50:53 AMmessage detail
Just to clarify, does PS4 need to be in standby for Vita to initiate remote play, or is there an option to turn on remotely like PS3 that I'm missing?
#33WishingTikalPosted 12/16/2013 5:31:43 PMmessage detail
The Vita TV does not play physical US games. I imported one, tried several games that were on the list of compatible games, and they don't work. You will get a message saying "Cannot be used with this application". The reason is that the US games are not patched to be compatible like the JP ones. So it's not a question of region-locked or not, it's a question of compatibility, and the US retail games, at the moment, are not compatible.

So I bought this for nothing pretty much. So, yes you can import one, it works on the TV, but you can't play your US games, neither retail, neither digital. I just wanted to clear this up, because people (who have not even tried the Vita TV) seem to be spreading this misinformation that physical US games work, which isn't the case (save for Lumines, or so I've heard). This led me to buying one for nothing.
---
Real gamers play cute games. ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/WishingTikal
#34OhGoodGriefPosted 12/17/2013 1:52:52 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#35YamotoXPosted 12/27/2013 6:45:58 AMmessage detail
Great info my friend, good job
#36ThePockPosted 12/29/2013 7:45:45 PMmessage detail(edited)
WishingTikal posted...
The Vita TV does not play physical US games. I imported one, tried several games that were on the list of compatible games, and they don't work. You will get a message saying "Cannot be used with this application". The reason is that the US games are not patched to be compatible like the JP ones. So it's not a question of region-locked or not, it's a question of compatibility, and the US retail games, at the moment, are not compatible.

So I bought this for nothing pretty much. So, yes you can import one, it works on the TV, but you can't play your US games, neither retail, neither digital. I just wanted to clear this up, because people (who have not even tried the Vita TV) seem to be spreading this misinformation that physical US games work, which isn't the case (save for Lumines, or so I've heard). This led me to buying one for nothing.

US Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa should work (At least according to youtube videos or they are really impressive fakes). Haven't heard any european trying PAL versions yet but I'm gonna start testing soon.
---
The east is burning red! But you're already dead.
#37Slayer7861Posted 12/30/2013 4:27:42 PMmessage detail
YamotoX posted...
#38Slayer7861Posted 12/30/2013 4:27:47 PMmessage detail
YamotoX posted...
#39WishingTikalPosted 1/12/2014 12:16:04 AMmessage detail
ThePock posted...
WishingTikal posted...

US Dragon's Crown, Persona 4 Golden and Muramasa should work (At least according to youtube videos or they are really impressive fakes). Haven't heard any european trying PAL versions yet but I'm gonna start testing soon.

They're the only games that work. I wouldn't exactly call that "all games on the compatibility list"
---
Real gamers play cute games. ^_^
http://www.youtube.com/WishingTikal
#40alphasixninePosted 1/15/2014 8:22:45 PMmessage detail
Anyone with a PS4 and a Vita, can you use the DualShock4 instead of DualShock3 on Vita TV? I so want to play P4 Golden on my HDTV using DualShock4. :D