Vita // Vita TV // PS4 Ecosystem FAQ [2.0]

#51iumplPosted 6/15/2014 5:56:09 PMmessage detail
TimeLadyAlt posted...
So can I play a physical copy of a Vita game on a Vita TV, or does it have to be all digital only?

It has a place to put in physical games. It doesn't play all of the vita's games, but of the games it can play, they can be physical or digital.
#52Albelnox0Posted 6/15/2014 6:11:40 PMmessage detail
do not listen to the lies sony has stop supporting vita, i am saving you100 dollars down the drain, the vita has no games, nothing, zero. It's not backwards compatible, you can't play psp games, you can't play ps1 games. Don't listen to the lies. Don't support vita unless ever game on the ps4 comes out on vita too. #novitanobuy
#53MRW1215Posted 6/16/2014 5:19:23 AMmessage detail
Okay, so I have some questions about the PlayStation TV, as I'm pondering on buying one when it comes out. For one, I know it does remote play with the PS4, but does it also do it with the PS3? Or will PS3 games only be playable on it via the PlayStation Now service?

Will a DualShock 4 work with Vita/ PSP/ classic/ PS3 games played via the PlayStation TV? Is there anything a DS3 can do with the PS TV that a DS4 can't (and vice versa)?

Does the PS TV have HDCP? Or could you potentially use a capture card to capture game footage from it?
---
http://www.TheGameSnark.com - My gaming website
http:/www.youtube.com/TheGameSnark
#54king_zettaPosted 6/16/2014 7:29:07 PMmessage detail
Albelnox0 posted...
do not listen to the lies sony has stop supporting vita, i am saving you100 dollars down the drain, the vita has no games, nothing, zero. It's not backwards compatible, you can't play psp games, you can't play ps1 games. Don't listen to the lies. Don't support vita unless ever game on the ps4 comes out on vita too. #novitanobuy

Faaaaaaart
#55GreenTreeClubPosted 6/18/2014 9:32:55 PMmessage detail
I don't understand why SOME Vita games are compatible. Aren't they all memory sticks? So in theory, you would just need to put it in the PS TV, but apparently there are some compatibility issues?
#56OtakufreakPosted 6/20/2014 12:28:07 PMmessage detail
S0LIDUS SNAKE posted...
I heard that importing a Vita TV would not allow the remote play with an American PS4, is that legit? Because I'm very interested in getting one if I can just hook it in another room and play PS4 on another TV withough the hassle of unplugging/plugging.

You need to be able to connect to the same PSN account on both the PS4 and the Vita TV. You cannot currently connect to US/EU PSNs with an imported Vita TV. I hope this changes in the future but I am not sure.
---
FC: 4441-9642-1190
IGN: Eien, Ice Safari / Steam ID: Otakun13
#57link407Posted 6/23/2014 2:16:37 AMmessage detail(edited)
GreenTreeClub posted...
I don't understand why SOME Vita games are compatible. Aren't they all memory sticks? So in theory, you would just need to put it in the PS TV, but apparently there are some compatibility issues?

Little Deviants for example uses both front and rear touch screens...sometimes at the same time. You can't replicate that with a DS3 or 4. Anything that relies on the front or rear touch screens are not going to be pleasurable to play.

Edit: Unless they figure out a way to map touchscreen controls to the L2 + 3 and R2 + 3 buttons. I wouldn't count on them going that in-depth or putting in the effort but you never know.
#58SpartanSpurPosted 6/27/2014 4:19:18 AMmessage detail
I've got a couple of questions about Vita TV, hopefully someone who owns the Japanese version can help me:-

1) When you remote play PS4 with a Dualshock 4 do the controls remain intact, or do L2/R2 remain unused as Vita doesn't have them?

2) Does the headphone jack (for game audio) in the DS4 work when using remote play on vita TV? This would be awesome for me as I'd play in bed whilst the wife is asleep. Guess I could buy a wireless headset if there is a usb port however...
---
3DS FC 2191-7751-8005 Ice
Snorunt, Sneasel, Dewgong feel free to PM and add
#59-pharells-hat4Posted 7/18/2014 9:38:14 AMmessage detail
thank you for this guide