Bringing Japan games to US hard/expensive?

#1locky723Posted 9/27/2013 12:24:25 PM
I'm curious as to how much it actually costs to translate it and whatever to sell it to Europe/NA,
#2Omegamaster006Posted 9/27/2013 12:31:20 PM
I like to know too.
---
I'm Tales of series fan.
#3WoefulyDolorousPosted 9/27/2013 12:32:55 PM
I am sure it depends on if there is VA. Also depends on length of script. Menus, in game translation, etc.

Also, there are some legal concerns around content, songs, and such.
#4locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 12:34:15 PM
WoefulyDolorous posted...
I am sure it depends on if there is VA. Also depends on length of script. Menus, in game translation, etc.

VA?
And songs wise, would it be cheaper to just make a new one/ones to replace the legal concerns?
#5WoefulyDolorousPosted 9/27/2013 12:37:04 PM
locky723 posted...

VA?
And songs wise, would it be cheaper to just make a new one/ones to replace the legal concerns?

Voice acting

In regards to songs do you know long it would take and how much money to record new songs that fit right in to every aspect of the game?
#6locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2013 12:41:20 PM
locky723 posted...

VA?

Voice acting

In regards to songs do you know long it would take and how much money to record new songs that fit right in to every aspect of the game?

For VA, true. And i'd assume only a couple songs would have legal problems..
#7KaneBlueriverPosted 9/27/2013 12:41:25 PM
I'm pretty sure it also depends on how well the game did in Japan. If it did bad, I'd assume it's cheaper.

Otherwise, Sei Madou Monogatari comming to the stateside makes no sense really. I like the game but this isn't a AAA or A+ or even A level game. It's more like a B-
---
PSN ID: KaneBlueriver81
#8sticuPosted 9/27/2013 12:41:31 PM
Can't they just use JP VA with EN subtitle?

I wouldn't mind if they bring the game in with everything the same cept with EN menu and sub.
---
P4G / DC
#9gldooriiPosted 9/27/2013 12:45:10 PM(edited)
I don't really see why they're just not made with English etc subs from the start and just thrown on the Playstation Store for various countries to begin with. I'm preeeeetty sure the more people available to purchase the game the more sales you'll have.

That's one of the best reasons to have CFW on a PSP is because of the translation patches available for Japanese games.
---
PSN - gldoorii
Live - xgldooriix
#10WoefulyDolorousPosted 9/27/2013 12:45:13 PM
locky723 posted...
locky723 posted...

VA?

Voice acting

For VA, true. And i'd assume only a couple songs would have legal problems..

Except their could be legal reasons. For example, you would obviously have to pay the singers, instrumentals, song writers, etc etc. And in the US you have to be part of unions and such. So imagine having to clear this ALL up for 100 countries. This is one of the reasons we just cant have access to the other PSN regions.