Why are people saying vita has no games (my games + my wishlist)

#81SagadegoPosted 10/2/2013 7:10:24 AM
XCrossYZ posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Vita TV $100

vita tv isn't out yet... prices drop 3DS probably will before vita tv and it destroys the point of a portable device and we still haven't even factored in memory cards
And yet you included the 2DS which also isn't out yet...

Hmmmmm...

This topic should be closed because of anyone keeps trying to educate them they will go mad with stupidity

this is demondog666 after all.
---
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)
#82nikowwfPosted 10/2/2013 7:14:57 AM
These topics are always so stupid, they are like a release list for Vita. Yes, if you have literally no taste and anything is a good game, the Vita has a lot of games. For 95% of us that is not the case though.
#83talesfan215Posted 10/2/2013 7:25:30 AM
nikowwf posted...
These topics are always so stupid, they are like a release list for Vita. Yes, if you have literally no taste and anything is a good game, the Vita has a lot of games. For 95% of us that is not the case though.

LittleBigPlanet
Gravity Rush
Soul Sacrifice
Uncharted: Golden Abyss
Wipeout Pure
Unit 13
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Killzone Mercenary
Ragnarok Odyssey
Dynasty Warriors Next
Valhalla Knights 3
Ys: Memories of Celcetta

I only see two games there that are considered mediocre. I guess 95% only like playing Pokemon and Monster Hunter after all. Toukiden and Tearaway look good too, but they're not out in America yet.
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#84TerotrousPosted 10/2/2013 7:31:21 AM
stalemate_666 posted...
Anyway you look at it you are nitpicking there are dozens of ps3/vita games, psp games, ps1 games all which are great if you don't own a ps3 and/or a psp

PSVita might be able to carve out a niche as a "portable PS3", but it simply doesn't have enough PS3 ports right now. Even Sony isn't porting many of its own first-party games, which is simply insane as they could be big system sellers.

Honestly one of the main reasons vita has so few exclusives is because of the great cross functionality with ps3 which I don't think should be held against the vita unless you own a ps3

One of the biggest problems is that shockingly few PS3 and PSVita games are actually truly cross-platform (cross-buy, cross-save, and cross-play). Look at Dragon's Crown for example. Yes, the game is on both platforms, but they can't play online together. Since the community for the PS3 version is bigger, this is a pretty big blow to what would otherwise be an amazing PSVita game.

Vita's library is not weak even it's exclusives aren't weak compared to psp in the same time frame you are just looking at psp life time versus vita now and ignoring a ton of games for arbitrary reasons.

One thing that doesn't help is that some of the games PSVita got have been disappointing. Ridge Racer, for example, was an excellent launch title for PSP, but Ridge Racer Vita is trash. This is also true of Wipeout Pure vs Wipeout 2048, though 2048 is merely forgettable. With as few games as PSVita has, to lose even a few games that should have been top tier exclusives really hurts.

PSVita has gotten some amazing exclusives so far, that are easily better than anything comparable PSP had in the same timeframe: Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. The problem is these are all Japanese exclusive and Sony has made zero effort to get them over here. If these games came out in North America I think people's perception of Vita would be very different.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES Rampart"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#85Koi_TenchiPosted 10/2/2013 8:14:54 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Vita TV $100

vita tv isn't out yet... prices drop 3DS probably will before vita tv and it destroys the point of a portable device and we still haven't even factored in memory cards

Hmmmmm...
I love how Stalemate totally vanished after I pointed this out.

I also love how Sailor Goon vanished when I asked if he would buy a Filet Mignon from a steakhouse or a McDonald's burger if they were the same price.
---
It's a secret to everybody.
#86nikowwfPosted 10/2/2013 10:23:53 AM
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
stalemate_666 posted...
Koi_Tenchi posted...
Vita TV $100

Hmmmmm...

I also love how Sailor Goon vanished when I asked if he would buy a Filet Mignon from a steakhouse or a McDonald's burger if they were the same price.

Gamers buy game systems because of the game, not the system. The food analogy is stupid. It's more like 3DS is a diner, and Vita is a fine restaurant, but 75% of the time you go it's closed.
#87ThunderPotatoPosted 10/2/2013 1:57:19 PM
Very few new games. Very few good games. Why do Vita fans buy so many ports?
---
PC is a Console Hardware game, published by Microsoft, which was released in 1995.
#88stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 2:42:57 PM
Koi_Tenchi posted...

Hmmmmm...

It was on the website you linked, I don't keep track of 3DS enough to know it's not out. And fyi vita tv wasn't on the website. Anyways I take it as a yes that you think 3DS has no merits since you fail to mention any. So talking further is pointless since you think 3DS has no merits.

Koi_Tenchi posted...

I love how I have a life, a job and a girlfriend with a high sex drive to! Of course you'd never vanish from here.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#89stalemate_666(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 2:43:06 PM
Terotrous posted...
PSVita might be able to carve out a niche as a "portable PS3", but it simply doesn't have enough PS3 ports right now. Even Sony isn't porting many of its own first-party games, which is simply insane as they could be big system sellers.

One of the biggest problems is that shockingly few PS3 and PSVita games are actually truly cross-platform (cross-buy, cross-save, and cross-play). Look at Dragon's Crown for example. Yes, the game is on both platforms, but they can't play online together. Since the community for the PS3 version is bigger, this is a pretty big blow to what would otherwise be an amazing PSVita game.

One thing that doesn't help is that some of the games PSVita got have been disappointing. Ridge Racer, for example, was an excellent launch title for PSP, but Ridge Racer Vita is trash. This is also true of Wipeout Pure vs Wipeout 2048, though 2048 is merely forgettable. With as few games as PSVita has, to lose even a few games that should have been top tier exclusives really hurts.

PSVita has gotten some amazing exclusives so far, that are easily better than anything comparable PSP had in the same timeframe: Tales of Innocence R, Tales of Hearts R, and Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus. The problem is these are all Japanese exclusive and Sony has made zero effort to get them over here. If these games came out in North America I think people's perception of Vita would be very different.

Vita has a little of everything, I think people just dismis it to fast, because yes vita doesn't have a ton of exclusives, or a ton of ps3 cross buy games, or a ton of 3DS/vita games, or a ton of ps2/wii ports it does have a ton of psp and ps1 games and it even has a few other categories so yeah maybe not a single one is worth getting for vita for most people but I find it hard to believe most people would only use one of those categories on it.

Yes it's shocking how few there are of something right after it's invented... I get your point but cut Sony a little slack there, 3DS has no cross games at all they don't even have a decent online network. Also I think too many people are underestimating how much time they have to play while away from their ps3.

All systems have disappointing exclusives, I don't think vita's ratio is that bad at all. However where the problem lies is the disappointing ones are the ones that are more likely to get noticed because of stronger brand name and even advertising in some cases (call of duty) so the great exclusives get overlooked and people look at vita's bad exclusives.

I don't think they are all japanese there are a few western ones here and Sony is making an effort to get alot of them here, also aren't both the tales of games you mentioned ports? I think you are putting your own game preference and your personal frustrations into that last point rather then the overall picture.
---
psn: Stalemate666
#90GalluszPosted 10/2/2013 2:51:39 PM
stalemate_666 posted...
vita retail sku games

Uncharted Golden Abyss
Ninja Gaiden sigma+
AC L
Wipeout 2048
Gravity Rush
Jet Set radio
Disgaea 3
Blazblue EX
Playstation all stars battle royale
Zero Escape VLR
Rayman Origins

psn sku

Plants vs Zombies
Dokuro
Zombie Tycoon 2
Pinball arcade Starwars pinball
Machinarium
Retro City Rampage
Knytt Underground
Germinator
Cronovolt
Motorstorm RC
Tales from space Mutant blobs attack

psp games

soulcalibur broken destiny
piyotama
patchwork heroes
tekken 6
LBP
Class of Heroes
Pursuit Force
Hexyz Force
FFT
Mega Man Maverick Hunter
YggdraUnion
Metal Slug XX
Gods Eater Burst
Darkstalkers Chronicle
GTA liberty city
Crush

Wishlist

Soul Sacrifice
New Atelier Rorona
Dynasty Warrior's Next
Escape Plan
God Eater 2
LBP vita
Malicious Rebirth
Persona 4
Uncharted: Fight for Fortune

psp wishlist

Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Ys: Seven
Ys: 1&2 chronicles
Wild Arms XF
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord!?
Valkyria chronicles 2
Tokobot
Persona
Persona 2 Innocent Sin
Persona 3 Portable
Monster hunter Freedom
Mana Khemia: Student Alliance
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the sky
Half Minute Hero
Dissidia 012
Dead Head Fred
Creature Defence

Also interested in Crisis core Kingdom hearts Phantasy Star Portable and Brave Story: New Traveler but they aren't on the store

So yeah for a year that's a pretty big ****ton of games in my book even if you only count exclusives that's still 12 between wishlist and collection and this is just mine not all that there are so yeah the no games thing is out of ignorance and has no basis in fact.

Remove the PSP List, PSN List. Because I didn't buy a indie machine. Some of your games aren't announced for localization yet. and you get very few actual games that you know. Are worth it
---
"Impossible doesn't mean very difficult. Very difficult is winning the Nobel Prize; impossible is eating the Sun." ~Lou Reed.