So, you absolutely need a PS3 to download PSP and PSOne games to Vita?

#1ArnzillazorPosted 9/29/2013 3:25:40 PM
Sorry if this has been asked a lot. I didn't see anything about it in the sticky. I only have a Vita. Do I miss out on this feature as a result, or is it only for certain games? Thanks a lot!

If so, not a huge deal. I intend to get a PS3 soon since the PS4 is not backwards compatible and there is a really good library out.
#2BerlingerTPosted 9/29/2013 3:26:34 PM
No. You can download some PSP and PS One games just fine with the Vita by itself. It's just some others that you need a PS3 for.
---
http://www.freelancer.com/u/BerlingerTG.html
Now Playing: Final Fantasy III (iOS), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)
#3ProtoManEXE88Posted 9/29/2013 3:27:56 PM
Uhhh... you can download directly to Vita for most stuff, not everything though for whatever reason.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#4mizukage2Posted 9/29/2013 3:31:44 PM
No, only certain games like Legend of Dragoon require that you use that method. Also note that there are some such games that wont work period like the Legend of Spyro PSone games*

*Unless you live in Europe, then it will work. Which suggests there is some sort of weird licensing issue that stops them from making it available in the US.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#5Arnzillazor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 3:32:03 PM
Ohh, okay. I just wondered because I don't want to download a game that I can't do anything with. Is there a list somewhere of games that can be downloaded directly to Vita?
#6mizukage2Posted 9/29/2013 3:35:48 PM
Arnzillazor posted...
Ohh, okay. I just wondered because I don't want to download a game that I can't do anything with. Is there a list somewhere of games that can be downloaded directly to Vita?

If you can see a game on the list of PSP/PSone classics available when accessing the PSN store via your Vita then you can download it directly to your Vita. There is a list of games that don't show up on this list but can be downloaded via the PS3 method, but I can't remember where to find it.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#7Arnzillazor(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 3:40:43 PM
mizukage2 posted...
Arnzillazor posted...

If you can see a game on the list of PSP/PSone classics available when accessing the PSN store via your Vita then you can download it directly to your Vita. There is a list of games that don't show up on this list but can be downloaded via the PS3 method, but I can't remember where to find it.

Awesome. I thought so, just wanted to be sure. Thank you so much! Thanks everyone else too.
#8INKU48Posted 9/29/2013 3:42:02 PM
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

(American PSN)