Touch screen won't work when connected to PS3 via USB

#1SlimeSwayzePosted 9/29/2013 6:35:33 PM
I'm trying to transfer my Silent Hill from my PS3 to my Vita, but it is impossible, since every time I connect my Vita to my PS3 with the USB cable, the touch screen stops working. The second I unplug it, it starts working again. Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?
---
Currently Playing: Backlog mania
#2GuitaristMattPosted 9/29/2013 6:38:46 PM
too much electricity passing through that charger. Maybe try holding a doorknob and doing that.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#3arclouks_xPosted 9/29/2013 6:47:13 PM
yeah mine usually has this problem, turn vita on off and try again til it works no fix unfortunately, a lot of vitas screens freeze while connected.
---
PSN:JustArc_/arclouksx
Now playing:Pixel junk monsters vita,Rayman Origins Vita, ICO.
#4SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 6:48:57 PM
I just did a google search and this is clearly a common issue, and unfortunately it looks like there is no easy fix. That really sucks. I just hope it doesn't stop working when I'm simply trying to charge it. That's really disappointing that you can't just handle the data transfers without using the touch screen...or can you?
---
#5INKU48Posted 9/29/2013 7:05:31 PM
SlimeSwayze posted...
I just did a google search and this is clearly a common issue, and unfortunately it looks like there is no easy fix. That really sucks. I just hope it doesn't stop working when I'm simply trying to charge it. That's really disappointing that you can't just handle the data transfers without using the touch screen...or can you?

I think there is something in the Settings which allows you to control the UI using sticks/buttons.
#6BerlingerTPosted 9/29/2013 7:14:32 PM
INKU48 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

I think there is something in the Settings which allows you to control the UI using sticks/buttons.

There is. However, I am interested in this issue. I always use the touchscreen when using Content Manager and I've never had problems before.
---
http://www.freelancer.com/u/BerlingerTG.html
Now Playing: Final Fantasy III (iOS), Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (PS Vita)
#7SlimeSwayze(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2013 7:23:33 PM
BerlingerT posted...
INKU48 posted...
SlimeSwayze posted...

There is. However, I am interested in this issue. I always use the touchscreen when using Content Manager and I've never had problems before.

I switched the settings and was able to do the transfer just using the buttons. However, the touch screen still doesn't work at all when it is connected Not a big deal, but now I'm genuinely concerned that the touch screen will stop working some day anytime the USB is plugged in.
---
#8triple_leiPosted 9/29/2013 8:21:12 PM
All's I know is, I couldn't even complete a transfer until I plugged the Vita into the very first USB slot on my PS3.