vita psp games

#1chrcolPosted 10/1/2013 2:34:31 PM
wit the vita tv announcement and price drops on the vita things are looking up for the vita, however my prime reason to get one would be to play ps1 ports, psp remakes etc.

I see dispite big marketing claiming it can play psp games, many cant be played as they not on the psn store.

So a simple question, lets say I brought a vita tommorow.
How would I go about playing these 2 games on it?

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/games/detail/item137476/STAR-OCEAN%C2%AE-Second-Evolution%E2%84%A2/
http://uk.playstation.com/psp/games/detail/item130648/STAR-OCEAN%C2%AE-First-Departure%E2%84%A2/

in case the links dont work the 2 games are star ocean second evolution and star ocean first departure.
#2VegantoKeensPosted 10/1/2013 2:50:08 PM
Yeah I sure hope TVita reignites making PSP games digitally available on all PSN stores. I am severely missing (on EU):

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
FF7 Crisis Core
Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
God of War Chains of Olympus
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#3chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 2:53:17 PM
wow crisis core isnt there either?

it does seem the psp game compatibility has been overhyped a lot.
#4LiquiDZerOPosted 10/1/2013 2:56:56 PM
chrcol posted...

It's not an issue of incompatibility with Crisis Core, it's that Square hasn't put it up on PSN and they don't have any plans to in the immediate future.

However, there are a few games that are compatible but cannot be downloaded through the Vita's psn store, from my understanding a few games from the PS1 library. These would require downloading through a PS3 and then transferring over.

So again, it's more an issue of the delivery mechanism rather than the actual compatibility.
---
"I can't begin to count the number of agents whose lives were saved by a cardboard box." -Snake
#5kingoffpsPosted 10/1/2013 3:32:52 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
Yeah I sure hope TVita reignites making PSP games digitally available on all PSN stores. I am severely missing (on EU):

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
FF7 Crisis Core
Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
God of War Chains of Olympus

I'm almost certain at I saw Chains of Olympus when browsing the EU store on PS3, and it said that it was compatible with Vita. I know it's not found directly on the Vita store.

If you have a PS3 then I recommend checking.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#6chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 3:53:29 PM(edited)
LiquiDZerO posted...
chrcol posted...

It's not an issue of incompatibility with Crisis Core, it's that Square hasn't put it up on PSN and they don't have any plans to in the immediate future.

However, there are a few games that are compatible but cannot be downloaded through the Vita's psn store, from my understanding a few games from the PS1 library. These would require downloading through a PS3 and then transferring over.

So again, it's more an issue of the delivery mechanism rather than the actual compatibility.

not just that, the 2 games I mentioned are not for download at all, they are umd only. to me if a game cannot be downloaded, its effectively incompatible. Why are square holding back titles? whats their motivation, they recently said they struggling and its no surprise when half their titles they witholding from sale.

sony been quite sly as well, the 2 games I mentioned are on the psn website as I posted the links, this makes people (wrongly) think that they can buy from psn if they buy a vita.

so crisis core can be downloaded via a ps3, but the games that are umd only (which is many) they are effectively no vita right?

Also in case the other guy hasnt got a ps3 I checked for that chains of olympus game on my ps3, it isnt there.

I cant find crisis core either.
#7chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2013 3:59:13 PM
to those who have read this thread, I was seconds away from ordering a vita also. I am sure the fail of actually providing all PSP games on PSN is losing sony sales.
#8SuperVegito2487Posted 10/1/2013 5:57:55 PM
id like dbz tenkaichi tag team since i couldnt really play it on my psp due to circle button mashing, vitas face buttons are of the click version ergo it can handle mashing.
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California
#9BerlingerTPosted 10/1/2013 6:07:48 PM
SuperVegito2487 posted...
id like dbz tenkaichi tag team since i couldnt really play it on my psp due to circle button mashing, vitas face buttons are of the click version ergo it can handle mashing.

At the very least, Battle of Z will be available on the Vita.
---
Gaming "Blog" - http://www.bubblews.com/account/70331-berlingertg
Now Playing: Final Fantasy III (PSP/PS Vita)
#10SuperVegito2487Posted 10/1/2013 6:31:03 PM
BerlingerT posted...
SuperVegito2487 posted...

At the very least, Battle of Z will be available on the Vita.

yeah... but what i TRULY fears is if i can get
super vegito
ss bardock
sage goku

for vita...

if you truly knows something or gets to know anything please pm me... i NEED to know...
---
Adam Savage: LET'S PILLAGE
Tory Bellici: I don't think that's legal in California