vita psp games

#11kingoffpsPosted 10/2/2013 4:42:48 AM
chrcol posted...
LiquiDZerO posted...
chrcol posted...
wow crisis core isnt there either?

it does seem the psp game compatibility has been overhyped a lot.

It's not an issue of incompatibility with Crisis Core, it's that Square hasn't put it up on PSN and they don't have any plans to in the immediate future.

However, there are a few games that are compatible but cannot be downloaded through the Vita's psn store, from my understanding a few games from the PS1 library. These would require downloading through a PS3 and then transferring over.

So again, it's more an issue of the delivery mechanism rather than the actual compatibility.

not just that, the 2 games I mentioned are not for download at all, they are umd only. to me if a game cannot be downloaded, its effectively incompatible. Why are square holding back titles? whats their motivation, they recently said they struggling and its no surprise when half their titles they witholding from sale.

sony been quite sly as well, the 2 games I mentioned are on the psn website as I posted the links, this makes people (wrongly) think that they can buy from psn if they buy a vita.

so crisis core can be downloaded via a ps3, but the games that are umd only (which is many) they are effectively no vita right?

Also in case the other guy hasnt got a ps3 I checked for that chains of olympus game on my ps3, it isnt there.

I cant find crisis core either.

I checked my PS3. Chains of Olympus is definitely available for download on the EU store. And it is explicitly compatible with Vita.

Are you in the EU?
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#12kingoffpsPosted 10/2/2013 6:51:02 AM
Sorry to spam. I have just purchased Chains of Olympus on PS3 and then downloaded it through the download list on Vita. And I can confirm it works perfectly.
---
i7 920 @ 3.6GHz, 3.8GHz (single-thread mode), MSI X58 Platinum, 6GB DDR3 PC10700, HIS IceQ 7950 (1100/1450), 240GB Agility 3 SSD, Arctic Power 950W PSU
#13Sami1000Posted 10/2/2013 6:52:49 AM
VegantoKeens posted...
Yeah I sure hope TVita reignites making PSP games digitally available on all PSN stores. I am severely missing (on EU):

Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
FF7 Crisis Core
Silent Hill Origins
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
God of War Chains of Olympus

Valkyrie profile lenneth
Star ocean games
Tekken dark resurrection

also isn't there.
#14xXthnd3rb0ltXxPosted 10/2/2013 6:58:02 AM
chrcol posted...
wit the vita tv announcement and price drops on the vita things are looking up for the vita, however my prime reason to get one would be to play ps1 ports, psp remakes etc.

I see dispite big marketing claiming it can play psp games, many cant be played as they not on the psn store.

So a simple question, lets say I brought a vita tommorow.
How would I go about playing these 2 games on it?

http://uk.playstation.com/psp/games/detail/item137476/STAR-OCEAN%C2%AE-Second-Evolution%E2%84%A2/
http://uk.playstation.com/psp/games/detail/item130648/STAR-OCEAN%C2%AE-First-Departure%E2%84%A2/

in case the links dont work the 2 games are star ocean second evolution and star ocean first departure.

I believe the problem with those not being for download is because that website isn't the site for the playstation network. That's just a playstation website to show the games. You can't download them from there.
---
3DS: 4570 7685 5658
PSN: xXthnd3rb0ltXx
#15VegantoKeensPosted 10/2/2013 2:26:31 PM
O good thing CoO is available through PS3 transfer. I agree on VPLenneth and Star Ocean. Tekken 6 is in the PSP list though, Dragunov, Lily and Armor King are in that one too. I loved DR to death when I first got a PSP, but a Tekken sequel is just more of the same awesome thing.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#16kingoffpsPosted 10/2/2013 2:54:40 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
O good thing CoO is available through PS3 transfer. I agree on VPLenneth and Star Ocean. Tekken 6 is in the PSP list though, Dragunov, Lily and Armor King are in that one too. I loved DR to death when I first got a PSP, but a Tekken sequel is just more of the same awesome thing.

Yeah man. I actually bought CoO to test just for YOU.
---
#17chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 3:42:39 PM(edited)
kingoffps posted...
chrcol posted...
LiquiDZerO posted...
chrcol posted...
wow crisis core isnt there either?

it does seem the psp game compatibility has been overhyped a lot.

It's not an issue of incompatibility with Crisis Core, it's that Square hasn't put it up on PSN and they don't have any plans to in the immediate future.

However, there are a few games that are compatible but cannot be downloaded through the Vita's psn store, from my understanding a few games from the PS1 library. These would require downloading through a PS3 and then transferring over.

So again, it's more an issue of the delivery mechanism rather than the actual compatibility.

not just that, the 2 games I mentioned are not for download at all, they are umd only. to me if a game cannot be downloaded, its effectively incompatible. Why are square holding back titles? whats their motivation, they recently said they struggling and its no surprise when half their titles they witholding from sale.

sony been quite sly as well, the 2 games I mentioned are on the psn website as I posted the links, this makes people (wrongly) think that they can buy from psn if they buy a vita.

so crisis core can be downloaded via a ps3, but the games that are umd only (which is many) they are effectively no vita right?

Also in case the other guy hasnt got a ps3 I checked for that chains of olympus game on my ps3, it isnt there.

I cant find crisis core either.

I checked my PS3. Chains of Olympus is definitely available for download on the EU store. And it is explicitly compatible with Vita.

Are you in the EU?

I am in the uk, can you tell me how you found it, I will try to follow your steps. I tried both the search function and listing psp games alphabetically.

ok so on vita games page is no god of war games.

on psp games page is the following.

god of war [PSP]
god of war ghost of sparta [PSP]

thats it no god of war chain of olympus, it does seem the uk market is more restricted than rest of eu. I see hardly any square games. no crisis core. or ff7. ff2-4 are there and ff tactics war of lions but not the rest. ff1 is listed but says unavailable.

at the top right hand corner it says is 669 psp games. be interesting to confirm that number.

I googled the game and found a link to it on the web store.

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/games/god-of-war-chains-of-olympus-psp/cid=EP9000-NPEG00023_00-GPCGODOFWA000001

After logging in the link is still there so it seems its hidden on my ps3 but not the web store, odd?
#18chrcol(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2013 3:18:52 PM
kingoffps posted...

I believe the problem with those not being for download is because that website isn't the site for the playstation network. That's just a playstation website to show the games. You can't download them from there.

not for those games, if you google the star ocean games on vita, you will see dozens of hits of people moaning they cant get these games for vita.