As a new VITA owner, what games do you guys recommend?

#1Pale HorsemanPosted 10/3/2013 5:26:36 PM
I already have Killzone: Mercenary, and Dragon's Crown, plus all the Vita PS+ games. What would guys recommend I buy?

I have Persona 4, able to play that on my BC PS3, is it that much different from the Vita version?

Thanks in Advance!
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#2INKU48Posted 10/3/2013 5:32:56 PM
Top 5 games that you don't own:
LittleBigPlanet (platformer/ play-create-share)
Virtue's Last Reward (visual novel/puzzle. You should play 999 on the DS before it since it's a sequel. If you haven't played 999 then you should sell your Vita and buy a DS with the game)
Soul Sacrifice (action-RPG/hunting)
Gravity Rush (action-adventure with cool gravity mechanics)
Silent Hill: Book of Memories (wrongfully critically panned dungeon crawler)
#3Pale Horseman(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2013 5:43:05 PM
Is there a big difference with LBP on the PS3 and Vita? I have all the LBP games on my PS3.
---
BreadGolem: We never killed Native Americans, they got sick!
#4ns_85Posted 10/3/2013 5:45:45 PM
VLR
Stealth Inc
Stranger's Wrath
#5TheLightsAreOnPosted 10/3/2013 5:45:55 PM
Pale Horseman posted...
I already have Killzone: Mercenary, and Dragon's Crown, plus all the Vita PS+ games. What would guys recommend I buy?

I have Persona 4, able to play that on my BC PS3, is it that much different from the Vita version?

Thanks in Advance!

The games YOU want. Playing what others tell you is silly.

But since you asked...

Uncharted is better than most people say. Some poor moments are forgotten in the great moments.
Same with Resistance. Resistance could have used a few more months of refining, but still playable (note: single player is all I did - no comment on online)
(note2: I have never paid more than 20 dollars for any Killzone. How is it?)

And because I am a sucker for them, any game with Lego in the title.
---
"The Vita is made from space age parts, some of which don't even exist yet."
-stargazer64-
#6BerlingerTPosted 10/3/2013 5:46:39 PM
Persona 4 has new enhancements in the Vita version. A new Social Link and a new ending, among the first new bits.

I'd suggest Gravity Rush.
---
Gaming "Blog" - http://www.bubblews.com/account/70331-berlingertg
Now Playing: Final Fantasy III (PSP/PS Vita)
#7INKU48Posted 10/3/2013 5:48:20 PM
Pale Horseman posted...
Is there a big difference with LBP on the PS3 and Vita? I have all the LBP games on my PS3.

It has a new story mode and some new creation tools. It's also on a portable which is really nice if you like creating levels wherever you want to.

It won't change your mind if you don't love LBP but if you do then you should definitely try it. Should be cheap-ish by now I imagine too.
#8Sami1000Posted 10/3/2013 5:59:55 PM
Vita version of Persona 4 is the best version. Many different tweaks. Much better leveling and new stuff. It also looks much better than original. Just google the differences.

Disgaea 3 is also better on vita because you get all the dlc. I think all the dlc costs something like 50 usd or Euros so you save a lot when you buy Vita version.
#9Lord_VishanaPosted 10/3/2013 6:08:15 PM
Atelier Totori and Meruru Plus (JRPG) Emphasis alchemy and time and resource management

Silent Hill: Book of Memories (ARPG) Really great game that's like really underrated. It's reminiscent of Diablo.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#10BerlingerTPosted 10/3/2013 6:12:31 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Atelier Totori and Meruru Plus (JRPG) Emphasis alchemy and time and resource management

Silent Hill: Book of Memories (ARPG) Really great game that's like really underrated. It's reminiscent of Diablo.

Book of Memories is a good suggestion and it is really, really underrated. Fans of the series shun it because it's not the same as the other games. I love it, along with the two songs Mary Elizabeth McGlynn made for it.
---
Gaming "Blog" - http://www.bubblews.com/account/70331-berlingertg
Now Playing: Final Fantasy III (PSP/PS Vita)