Should I skip Jak 2 for now and play Jak 3?

#11akshat_316Posted 10/4/2013 7:12:40 AM
stargazer64 posted...
Yes. Jak 2 annoys me.

I have the feeling about it. Jak 3 is a lot better and less annoying. Though there are a couple of levels that can get on your nerves
---
http://www.staticshin.com
#12alexg1989Posted 10/4/2013 7:20:38 AM
F*** Jak 2... just skip it.

Like Star said, its just not worth the aggravation. When I finished a stupidly cheap level, I felt like "great, I never have to do it again''. And this was consistent, almost mission after mission. It just stopped being fun after the first few missions.

Jak 1 and Jak 3 are awesome though... forget Jak 2...
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#13Shacky_101(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:48:06 AM(edited)
Rygon posted...
Jak 2 was hugely popular when it came out, maybe with teens. It was the super cool gritty GTA version of a classic style platformer. Looking back at it now it's an embarrassment. It was like the Poochie to Itchy and Scratchy. Kids think this is cool right?

edit: I retract my statement now that I see you think Shakespeare sucks. This game is appropriate for your age group.

Its my opinion that Shakespeare sucks, just like how Jak 2 sucks. Why do you think Jak 3 is so much better? Because they corrected the amount of stupid mistakes they did with Jak 2. The actual vehicles handle like crap considering that you have to use them a lot. Its barely a platformer, now its just about shooting. Even the aiming mechanic is crap.

Nice try defending a seriously flawed game then calling me a "kid".
---
To be or not to be, William Shakespeare sucks.
#14Shacky_101(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 7:46:53 AM
Nvm I finally finished that goddamn level.
---
#15Sig35235Posted 10/4/2013 7:47:11 AM
Do not listen to the quitters here. That mission is known to be the hardest in the game but it's still possible to get past it (I beat that game 5 times at least). Keep shooting the guards until the drop ships are gone for the first half of the mission. Then in the other half, plow through with punch attacks to quickly get past the ships so their lasers don't hit you.
#16Sig35235Posted 10/4/2013 7:49:52 AM
Sig35235 posted...
Do not listen to the quitters here. That mission is known to be the hardest in the game but it's still possible to get past it (I beat that game 5 times at least). Keep shooting the guards until the drop ships are gone for the first half of the mission. Then in the other half, plow through with punch attacks to quickly get past the ships so their lasers don't hit you.

I typed this thinking you were still in trouble so ignore it. Anyway, the game gets really good later on. Wait until you get to the Tomb of MAR, it's AWESOME!
#17stawg007Posted 10/4/2013 7:59:11 AM
2 is the best in the series, so no

The main complaint I see for this game is its difficulty, if I can complete the game numerous times as a very young teen I was either very skilled for my age which I very much doubt or the skill level on this site nowadays is extremely low which is likely considering how much games this gen like to hold your hand
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#18Shacky_101(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 8:18:34 AM
Sig35235 posted...
Sig35235 posted...

I typed this thinking you were still in trouble so ignore it. Anyway, the game gets really good later on. Wait until you get to the Tomb of MAR, it's AWESOME!

That level felt pretty unfair. You essentially had 4 health bars, enemies spawn behind you, and those laser turrets on those drop ships are deadly accurate. But Im not gonna lie, after I finished that level, it felt pretty satisfying, almost worth it tbh. I almost reached that checkpoint several times, then I get killed by those laser turrets. But I eventually finished it, the most relieved feeling I had in a while.
---
#19wstfldPosted 10/4/2013 10:07:28 AM
stawg007 posted...
2 is the best in the series, so no

This
---
Last Played: KZ Mercenary (8/10)
Now Playing: GTA V, StarCraft 2, Civ V, Sonic Generations, Spelunky, Killzone Mercenary
#20ns_85Posted 10/4/2013 10:14:01 AM
Skip the whole series. This crap is not worth getting constantly frustrated about. Oversensitive controls. Bad player mechanics. Unfair enemies. Frustrating 'missions' you have to redo about 156 times to finally get lucky enough for the cpu not screwing you up just enough.

This whole franchise is s***.