So Batman Blackgate is out this month, is anyone worried

#1ThugETHPosted 10/4/2013 9:38:16 AM
about the lack of press coverage?
I know we got that cool extended trailer a while back but since then it's been really quiet.

I know games are probably over saturated with press up unto release to build hype, but in this instance I would actually like to see and know more before my preorder arrives!
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#2RjmhartPosted 10/4/2013 9:40:29 AM
It's fairly common for Vita games to not get press info. I hope it wasn't delayed.

It is one my highest anticipated games. I'm hoping it's the real deal and all of the "side scroll" hate isn't justified.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#3j2zon2591Posted 10/4/2013 9:40:50 AM
ThugETH posted...
I know we got that cool extended trailer a while back but since then it's been really quiet.

I know games are probably over saturated with press up unto release to build hype, but in this instance I would actually like to see and know more before my preorder arrives!

Oct 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuKRX2w15I

There's some articles scattered in n4g.
#4stargazer64Posted 10/4/2013 9:55:48 AM
The majority of the 'hate' has been one idiot who calls every side-scrolling game a cell phone game.

I'm sure the game will be fine. I have faith in the devs.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the length. I imagine it will be Guacamelee-esque in terms of how long it is, and asking $30 - $40 might be a tough sell.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#5MelliandPosted 10/4/2013 10:20:36 AM
I have both Arkham origins games pre ordered but not sure if I'll have time with GTA and PS4 (KZ and watch dogs).
#6akshat_316Posted 10/4/2013 10:30:56 AM
There has been good coverage? Every major event has had a previewer giving his/her opinion. I posted a couple of them on this board.... any way I am excited for this game. Like star I have faith in devs because of their pedigree. Also batman games lend themselves really well to side scrolling.
---
http://www.staticshin.com
#7stawg007Posted 10/4/2013 10:52:24 AM
I'd rather have a proper Arkham game port or new release than this

I think most people feel the same way, if seen very few people online that give a **** about this game
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#8ThugETH(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2013 11:52:30 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
ThugETH posted...

Oct 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuKRX2w15I

There's some articles scattered in n4g.

Thanks for the vid! Damn I hate Sessler!

I'm hoping it's as good if not better than any of the 2D Metroids/Vanias and am really interested in how they are going to pull that style of game off after they said you can fight bosses in any order.
To me that says the levels will be very open ended as usually you get an item from or after a boss that allows you access to other areas.
---
[1:04pm] <R33P3R> how can a game be epic on a phone?
#9bellzemoPosted 10/4/2013 11:59:58 AM
I would only be excited if it had this song in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvzsFS4Plmw
---
All that once was will be.
#10RjmhartPosted 10/4/2013 12:04:18 PM
The lack of information doesn't seem to be helping the perception either.

Most people are seeing it as enemies come from the left of the screen or the right of the screen, and that's it. From what I have read, there's a foreground and a background. You use L to move back a layer and R to move forward a layer. Let's say an enemy is to the left in the background and one is to the right in the middle layer, and one is in the foreground to the right. The combo becomes: L (move back), joystick left + attack, R (middle ground), joystick right + attack, R (foreground) joystick right + attack, Triangle to counter, L (move to middle), joystick right + attack, and so on.

I also saw a post on here about a month ago talking about how there are no cut scenes. From the video I watched, there's a cut scene of Batman talking to Catwoman. I don't know where people are getting info that there won't be cut scenes?
---
Psn: big_bob002