So Batman Blackgate is out this month, is anyone worried

#21TheNewWavePosted 10/5/2013 8:39:04 AM
ozran posted...
Blackgate is a 2.5D game set 6 months after the events of the console version.

So of course you are not gonna get the pre-order DLC the console version gets

Good point. Didnt even think about that.
#22DiaperDandeePosted 10/5/2013 10:36:20 AM
mike_411 posted...
On handhelds I can't help but feel like this game will be terrible and on consoles it'll be "just decent". Doubt it'll be able to reach Arkham City levels of goodness.

Of course it won't be as good on consoles as Arkham City, the original makers of both Arkham City and Arkham Asylum aren't making Origins on the console.

I don't think I've ever seen a extremely high rated series ever be better off in the hands of another developer.
---
Playing: Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us
#23PS_VitaPosted 10/5/2013 10:50:30 AM
The big problem with the game is that Castlevania doesn't really "sync" well with the Arkham series. There aren't enough weapons in the Batverse to replicate the sheer amount of equips in Castlevania, and to be entirely honest, the gameplay looks WORSE than SOTN and Batman Beyond for the N64. Might get it if it has a Beyond costume, though.
---
PSN: Xeedragon
#24skipboris2Posted 10/5/2013 11:36:21 AM
Whats with the fear mongering TC? Have you been watching too much sensationalist news?
#25robomagonPosted 10/5/2013 2:41:43 PM
Sigh... Why are they trying to compete with THEMSELVES. IDK about the rest of you but I'll be getting my fill of Batman on PC this month. Maybe I'll pick up the Vita one in a few months... If I'm not too busy with InFAMOUS.
#26RjmhartPosted 10/5/2013 4:04:17 PM(edited)
j2zon2591 posted...
ThugETH posted...
about the lack of press coverage?
I know we got that cool extended trailer a while back but since then it's been really quiet.

I know games are probably over saturated with press up unto release to build hype, but in this instance I would actually like to see and know more before my preorder arrives!

Oct 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuKRX2w15I

There's some articles scattered in n4g.

Am I the only one that watches this video and sees it as almost 3d? At 2:24 the player turns and moves away from the camera. Then moving through that vent. I just see as much more than a simple side scroll.

Edit: I think about Arkham Asylum and it's great. Up there as on of my favorite games ever. However, it's very linear. There's not a ton of exploration except for trying to find the riddles, and that's really only end game. Plus you get into areas like the cells where Poison Ivy was, and it's mostly just tight corridors.

What the handheld version is doing is a fixed background where it doesn't rotate the camera until you attempt to move down a hallway that is away from the camera. It gives a sense of depth that I think will make the game feel very 3d.

Then again, I could be trying too hard. I really hope this game lives up to my expectations. I've been defending this game for months based on my perception that it will be very good. In 20 days I will find out if it lives up to my expectations.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#27j2zon2591Posted 10/5/2013 4:06:17 PM
Rjmhart posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
ThugETH posted...
about the lack of press coverage?
I know we got that cool extended trailer a while back but since then it's been really quiet.

I know games are probably over saturated with press up unto release to build hype, but in this instance I would actually like to see and know more before my preorder arrives!

Oct 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsuKRX2w15I

There's some articles scattered in n4g.

Am I the only one that watches this video and sees it as almost 3d? At 2:24 the player turns and moves away from the camera. Then moving through that vent. I just see as much more than a simple side scroll.

Hence called 2.5D.

Some sections from the older gameplay videos from xlogicalzx in YT shows sections in an actual 3D plane.
#28stargazer64Posted 10/6/2013 5:09:08 PM
PS_Vita posted...
The big problem with the game is that Castlevania doesn't really "sync" well with the Arkham series. There aren't enough weapons in the Batverse to replicate the sheer amount of equips in Castlevania, and to be entirely honest, the gameplay looks WORSE than SOTN and Batman Beyond for the N64. Might get it if it has a Beyond costume, though.

You make no sense. What the hell do weapon collections have to do with anything? Why do you want every game to just be about collecting weapons and armor?

I would expect you to defend yourself, but you know, suspended and all that. LOL
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH