How to stop being notified when...

#1PSPjkpkPosted 10/5/2013 12:40:29 PM
Purchasing something on PSN? I share accounts with my brother and I recently bought the DLC for CoD BO 2 and GTA V and he knows I spent a lot. Anyway, I wanna buy EDF 2017 for $15 bucks without him getting an email. Anyway to disable the notifications?
---
I'm loyal to the end.
#2A_Nonny_MoosePosted 10/5/2013 1:04:09 PM
They have to email you as a confirmation of purchase, in case you ever need proof you bought something. It's basically a receipt. I don't think you can turn it off.
---
http://i.imgur.com/QB2km.png
#3RjmhartPosted 10/5/2013 3:30:39 PM
The only thing I can think of is if you can log in and change the notification to go to a different email. It might get kinda tricky with changing the email associated with the psn account.

Not sure it's even gonna work.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#4Awesomest_PrimePosted 10/5/2013 3:56:57 PM
Rjmhart posted...
The only thing I can think of is if you can log in and change the notification to go to a different email.

You can change the e-mail associated with the account, but your brother will find out anyway since he won't be able to log in when he attempts to do so. At which point, you'll have to either give him the new e-mail and he'll know something's up, or you'll refuse and he'll still know something's up. Of course, this may be delayed if he doesn't ever manually log in or use the online website, as you can remain logged in indefinitely on your gaming devices (unless it automatically logs you out after changing the e-mail or you've set it so that the log in details aren't saved). There doesn't appear to be a win-win option, perhaps you could consider creating your own account and purchasing EDF there.
---
It's so sunny today.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/Drakengard3Petition
#5RjmhartPosted 10/5/2013 4:06:00 PM
Can you just tell your brother you are spending some bday money and it's not that big of a deal?
---
Psn: big_bob002
#6PSPjkpk(Topic Creator)Posted 10/6/2013 10:12:22 PM
Rjmhart posted...
Can you just tell your brother you are spending some bday money and it's not that big of a deal?

I already did that with GTA V and the DLC for Black Ops II... Crap man...
---
I'm loyal to the end.
#7sasukexiinPosted 10/7/2013 1:47:58 AM
why not just stop sharing accounts.....
#82ylytPosted 10/7/2013 3:16:26 AM
Why not just respect your brother's wishes and hold off on EDF for now?
---
If you're willing to make an effort, anything can happen (I hope...)
#9gray_fox_00Posted 10/7/2013 7:02:13 AM
1. Is it your money you're spending or his? If it's yours, why should he care? If it's his, he'll know anyway considering the fact that he could check his bank statements.

2. Even if you could turn off the e-mail notifications he could just check the download history and see what's been purchased.

3. Why not just make your own account and avoid the need to sneak and deceive altogether?
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#10dementedlullabyPosted 10/7/2013 8:39:38 AM
I'm confused, why does it matter if your brother knows you buy things?

How does he know your e-mail password anyway?

Anyway, uh nope to your question.
---
XBL/PSN/WiiU/Steam:DementedLullaby
The Imperial Truth is a Lie