PS4 sold out of preorders in just minutes the second it went live in Japan @_@

#1SharkPowahPosted 10/5/2013 4:04:42 PM
This is beyond great news, I fully expect the Vita TV and PS Vita to start picking up insanely in sales solely due to being VERY useful addon for PS4.

Which results in more games for all of us Vita fans.
#2Megaman OmegaPosted 10/5/2013 4:06:31 PM
So, how many units were up for preorder?
---
LOL at all the whiners and trolls. They know Vita tv and new model will kill all competition. Festering wounds for the Nintendrones by the gallons. - karissa1
#3SharkPowah(Topic Creator)Posted 10/5/2013 4:08:51 PM
Megaman Omega posted...

We don't know specifics but we do know they are much higher then they have ever been for Sony.

http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/166458-ps4-production-yields-are-high-but-xbox-one-might-be-in-trouble-for-release-day
#4DalekZeroPosted 10/5/2013 4:43:30 PM
if the ps4 sells well, unless the wii u suddenly spikes in sales, then the ps4 will be the only viable option for japanese console games. I'm not sure how to feel about this.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)
#5KGTriggerPosted 10/5/2013 4:56:15 PM
Megaman Omega posted...

---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#6ServantOfErieosPosted 10/5/2013 5:00:09 PM
DalekZero posted...
if the ps4 sells well, unless the wii u suddenly spikes in sales, then the ps4 will be the only viable option for japanese console games. I'm not sure how to feel about this.

WiiU is region locked anyways
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#7mike_411Posted 10/5/2013 6:23:19 PM
KGTrigger posted...
Megaman Omega posted...

Ha. Little jokester.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
#8KodegaPosted 10/5/2013 6:45:06 PM
Not surprising, even the Vita and Wii-U had strong launches. The problem is the drop off that follows. The third month and onwards will probably be a better indicator of how well the system is doing given how other consoles have fared.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#9DalekZeroPosted 10/5/2013 6:53:21 PM
ServantOfErieos posted...
DalekZero posted...

I meant games on consoles made by japanese devs, not japanese-only games. I'm imagining something like the ps2 days, where every third party dev put their games on the ps2.
---
The official Loki of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Fighting for peace is like f***ing for virginity - George Carlin (1937-2008)
#10sentoworfPosted 10/5/2013 7:00:48 PM
DalekZero posted...
ServantOfErieos posted...
DalekZero posted...

I meant games on consoles made by japanese devs, not japanese-only games. I'm imagining something like the ps2 days, where every third party dev put their games on the ps2.

Don't those go to handhelds or smartphones now?
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif