Should SONY make a Pokemon-like game on VITA?

#21CaiusIcePosted 10/13/2013 6:14:25 PM
Vita ni no kuni would be nice.
---
3dsXL FC: 4527-8023-5878 Vita Psn: Firerapier
Currently Playing - State of Decay(PC), Rayman Legends (Vita), Pokemon X (3ds), GTA V (Ps3)
#22BloodychessPosted 10/13/2013 6:18:45 PM
Best not to, it would probably end up like another un-inspiring knock off like PS All-Stars.
---
Give weeds an inch and they'll take a yard.
#23MNeighborTotoriPosted 10/13/2013 8:30:43 PM
Persona 4 Golden.

/topic
#24Fr33zPosted 10/13/2013 8:53:08 PM
CaiusIce posted...
Vita ni no kuni would be nice.

Theres the DS version if you want your Portable Ni No Kuni fix.
---
NNID: Illuminatis
Current Systems: PSP, PS3, Wii, WiiU, DS, 3DSXL
#25legendarylemurPosted 10/13/2013 10:23:01 PM
A new Digimon game is being made for the 3DS with the arts by the guy who did the SMT: Devil Survivor arts sadly. It's certainly up to Sony to decide how they're going to compete with Pokemon or rather the 3DS at all. The Vita is not even considered the 3DS' substitute at this rate
---
"It's a gift... and a curse." - Monk
RIP in peace my blog. thank you.
#26Infinite_XeroPosted 10/13/2013 10:26:01 PM
mike_411 posted...
I like Digimon, they should bring that to Vita.

+1.
#27blankempathyPosted 10/13/2013 10:30:51 PM
MNeighborTotori posted...
Persona 4 Golden.

/topic

As much as I like Persona 4 golden Shin megami tensei 4 just came out on the 3ds like a few months ago.
---
SSBB Emp FC - 4983-4589-2680 Southern Californian Brawler
#28GameDesignerSagePosted 10/14/2013 5:44:30 AM
Sony should stick to making games of their own choosing, in their own vision, that are most apt for their platform (LBP is a good example) instead of having a direct answer to every game made by a competitor.

All-Stars should not have been made. If a fighting game is what Sony wanted then they should have made a brand new IP, not a Smash clone. Why decide to make a new series and then immediately limit your creative freedom by having it resemble a competitors game?

Heck, if you are going to make it resemble anything, then go crazy with it by twisting its identity. Something really silly, like a Twisted Metal fighter where the vehicles transform into mechs to beat each other up would have been better than a Smash clone. A game with its own rulesets and identity.

A dev studio of just a few people did a game according to their own vision with Divekick. So a developer like Sony, with hundreds of people at their hand and millions at their disposal have no excuse. Then again, it's obvious the likes of All-Stars was a marketing lead conception.

it's the same deal with an answer to Pokemon. There should be no direct answer. If they want a game focused on battles and collecting then they should make a game according to their vision.
#29adampeltzPosted 10/14/2013 7:55:38 AM
GameDesignerSage posted...
Sony should stick to making games of their own choosing, in their own vision, that are most apt for their platform (LBP is a good example) instead of having a direct answer to every game made by a competitor.

All-Stars should not have been made. If a fighting game is what Sony wanted then they should have made a brand new IP, not a Smash clone. Why decide to make a new series and then immediately limit your creative freedom by having it resemble a competitors game?

Heck, if you are going to make it resemble anything, then go crazy with it by twisting its identity. Something really silly, like a Twisted Metal fighter where the vehicles transform into mechs to beat each other up would have been better than a Smash clone. A game with its own rulesets and identity.

A dev studio of just a few people did a game according to their own vision with Divekick. So a developer like Sony, with hundreds of people at their hand and millions at their disposal have no excuse. Then again, it's obvious the likes of All-Stars was a marketing lead conception.

it's the same deal with an answer to Pokemon. There should be no direct answer. If they want a game focused on battles and collecting then they should make a game according to their vision.

I like this guy. Plus... Pokemon X is sooooo.... bland. I'm almost bored with it already. I may give up on it soon... SMT IV puts it to shame.
---
XBL gamertag: Peltz | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691.
#30avenue20Posted 10/14/2013 11:29:24 AM
mike_411 posted...
I like Digimon, they should bring that to Vita.

this digimon re:digitize sell well in japan they should make sequel and localize the game for vita,

robomagon posted...
Whatever happened to Monster Rancher?

it went to mobile gaming, sadly the newest game is on android, ios