So is buying the PSP Vita Slim a downgrade?

#1JadeDragoon7Posted 10/7/2013 9:31:21 PM
I haven't bought a PSP or a Vita ever and I'm looking into one.

1. Is the LCD vs OLED a really big deal?

2. Are the other features of the new Vita Slim > Vita?

3. Should I quickly go out and buy a Vita now before it gets taken over by the Vita Slim?
---
Pokemon White 2 FC: 3182 4039 6695
#2Starwars4JPosted 10/7/2013 9:33:10 PM
There's no such thing as PSP Vita any more than there is an iTouch. The device is a PS Vita.

It's a downgrade in some respects, but an upgrade in others. The LCD is an obvious downgrade, however the built in memory (however insignificant it may be) is a step in the right direction at least. The battery life is also reported to be slightly better on the 2000 model.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3TheNonBelieverPosted 10/7/2013 9:43:20 PM
1) abit, oled is better, but lcd is a better option in the long run

2) vita slim uses micro usb

3) i would wait
#4INKU48Posted 10/7/2013 10:57:44 PM
I doubt the OLED will disappear from the market before you have time to react. I don't think the "downgrade" is big or even noticeable but more impressions will come when it's actually out.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#5VegantoKeensPosted 10/7/2013 11:23:22 PM
Vitas aren't exactly flying off the shelves. It will easily take another two years, before they have sold the entire old batch at this rate.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#6yipeeyahooPosted 10/8/2013 12:29:03 AM
1. The screen is not a big deal, but yeah, OLED has a sexy screen
2. A micro USB port (Type 2), built-in 1GB and 1 hour extra battery life.
3. I suggest you wait and go for the Vita Slim
---
PSN:Yipeeyahoo
Moderators themself are also off-topics. Proof:http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/573081-hellhole
#7LinkMaster2703Posted 10/8/2013 12:36:30 AM(edited)
I'm just going to be blunt: the Vita's screen is mediocre at best. It's pretty low quality and the mura is an absolute eyesore, I'd much rather have an LCD screen. The Vita slim is an upgrade across the board.
---
3DS friend code: 4081-5496-3475
PSN: C_Dalke
#8Guerrilla SoldierPosted 10/8/2013 1:54:27 AM
In my blunt opinion, the OLED is just awesome, but it's almost too awesome. It looks great, colors look great, and it's great for everything but playing in direct sunlight. Definitely rather have the OLED screen.

But the OLED is SO nice that I'm afraid of it getting ruined, so I tend not to take it out anywhere. If I ever do pick up a slim, it'll be the one that goes everywhere and isn't afraid of getting scratched to hell.
---
Oakland A's fan: 2013 AL West Champions! -- Keep the A's in Oakland!
Rakuten Eagles fan: 2013 Pacific League Champions!
#9WereshovelPosted 10/8/2013 5:50:55 AM
VegantoKeens posted...
Vitas aren't exactly flying off the shelves. It will easily take another two years, before they have sold the entire old batch at this rate.

I'd say 5, at minimum.

There will always be a Vita supply.
#10silenthill4vidPosted 10/8/2013 6:37:25 AM
oled is nice, although the slim seems better longevity screen wise. I'm still uncertain to, thought about getting one this week but may wait for jpn comparison videos.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.