So... Sony... Whats coming in 2014?

#1locky723Posted 10/9/2013 3:12:14 PM
This is actually towards anyone. From what i know, a LOT of indies. And i guess borderlands 2? And uhm... Final Fantasy 10. I'm not very informed on release dates for the vita. Anything else coming?
#2inFAMOUSJakeyPosted 10/9/2013 3:16:22 PM
I guess minecraft is coming soon but mojang only said ps3/ps4 version are same and no mention for vita version... Vita version is probably pocket edition port
#3FIR_FIRPosted 10/9/2013 3:17:39 PM
Sony turned to Indies not because Sony likes Indies... Sony just ran out of creative juice and turned to Indie devs as a last resort.

Indie devs are just cannon fodder to throw at the fans who are up in arms
#4j2zon2591Posted 10/9/2013 3:20:25 PM
There are no official announcements yet but I can see SS: Delta and Freedomwars getting localized sometime after their JPN release.
#5Lord_VishanaPosted 10/9/2013 3:23:41 PM
Confirmed 2014 releases in North America.

Demon Gaze
Dangan Ronpa
Toukiden
Borderlands 2
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#6INKU48Posted 10/9/2013 3:24:08 PM
This is October and beyond so some might be for 2013 and 2015:
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/blacklagoon/blog/

Shorter version:
Indies, ports and Japanese games.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#7locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 3:39:40 PM
INKU48 posted...
This is October and beyond so some might be for 2013 and 2015:
http://www.giantbomb.com/profile/blacklagoon/blog/

Shorter version:
Indies, ports and Japanese games.

Oh goodie... Just what the vita needs. Look, i'm fine with all of those... BUT they need to be just as a filler. Sony CANNOT spend a whole year of ports and indies with no news on anything unique (tearaway is a good example)
#8INKU48Posted 10/9/2013 3:48:32 PM
locky723 posted...

Oh goodie... Just what the vita needs. Look, i'm fine with all of those... BUT they need to be just as a filler. Sony CANNOT spend a whole year of ports and indies with no news on anything unique (tearaway is a good example)

Well, that's just stuff announced before 2014. I don't think the PS4, Xbox One or 3DS has a more interesting line-up for 2014 tbh. That doesn't mean it won't be a great year for either of those consoles. With the Vita we should be more cautious but it still doesn't mean anything.

Dangan-Ronpa is my most anticipated game next year, Toukiden promises to be the best MH clone and Demon Gaze has gotten a very positive reception in Japan. That's a good start for me personally. What I'm missing is the big western Sony game but Bend has hinted working on one.

For the 3DS I just have Bravely Default and Kirby<3 for 2014 and for the PS4... ... ... inFamous could be cool I guess if it improves a lot from the previous games and that Order 1884 game could be cool if we ever get to see gameplay.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#9locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2013 4:01:50 PM
INKU48 posted...
locky723 posted...

Well, that's just stuff announced before 2014. I don't think the PS4, Xbox One or 3DS has a more interesting line-up for 2014 tbh. That doesn't mean it won't be a great year for either of those consoles. With the Vita we should be more cautious but it still doesn't mean anything.

Dangan-Ronpa is my most anticipated game next year, Toukiden promises to be the best MH clone and Demon Gaze has gotten a very positive reception in Japan. That's a good start for me personally. What I'm missing is the big western Sony game but Bend has hinted working on one.

For the 3DS I just have Bravely Default and Kirby<3 for 2014 and for the PS4... ... ... inFamous could be cool I guess if it improves a lot from the previous games and that Order 1884 game could be cool if we ever get to see gameplay.

From nintendos side, theres some for 3DS AND Wii U. For PS4, theres the order, infamous, i think some indies and some more. Regardless, my problem/concern is that sony isn't showing much for Vita for 2014 because there IS nothing for Vita in 2014 besides ports and indies... Which scares me. I'm fine if they reveal alot of stuff that comes in 2015, or even the second half of 2014... But i personally DO need vita reassurance because indies and ports won't cut it for me. Sorry, i know i just dragged this topic off to territory thats been said over and over again but it's just pissing me off that Sony dosn't even seem to acknowledge it.
#10ProgressivesPosted 10/9/2013 4:09:15 PM
locky723 posted...
INKU48 posted...
locky723 posted...

From nintendos side, theres some for 3DS AND Wii U. For PS4, theres the order, infamous, i think some indies and some more. Regardless, my problem/concern is that sony isn't showing much for Vita for 2014 because there IS nothing for Vita in 2014 besides ports and indies... Which scares me. I'm fine if they reveal alot of stuff that comes in 2015, or even the second half of 2014... But i personally DO need vita reassurance because indies and ports won't cut it for me. Sorry, i know i just dragged this topic off to territory thats been said over and over again but it's just pissing me off that Sony dosn't even seem to acknowledge it.

Sony's acknowledged it in a couple interviews/videos/articles by saying they're, and I quote, "shifting towards Remote Play and indies with the Vita". Hell, I think Bend is working on the PS4 right now, and it's quite possible that Vita game was just like the Bioshock announcement.