Vita TV was pure brillance. So why did they downgrade the Vita 2000?

#1SharkPowahPosted 10/10/2013 8:15:18 AM
Ugly yellowing effect, weaker cpu with 20% longer loading time, droll lifeless colors that do not pop, cheap plastic looking design, colors are no longer LE or special, no 3G.

Before someone says 3G is pointless, I use my 3G a LOT use it with Skype, have a phone number so people can call me, and can make unlimited calls for WAY cheaper then normal phone.

Anyways what gives why did they think of such a amazing idea with Vita TV, but such a God awful idea with the Vita 2000?
#2hustlin_pimpstePosted 10/10/2013 8:18:40 AM
Giving people options, I guess. Although I will meet you outside for a fight right now about the brilliance of the Vita TV. Terrible time to release such a device when the Vita itself is doing so badly.

In 5 minutes, ok? Need a quick cuppa.
---
Are you a racist? Find out here by taking the test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4aGzooQdk
#3stargazer64Posted 10/10/2013 8:19:13 AM
Well you see, they are contractually obligated to make two stupid decisions every time they make one good decision.

It keeps things interesting at least.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#4SirFreshnessPosted 10/10/2013 8:26:54 AM
It's cheaper to produce
---
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness"
PSN-SIrfreshness
#5INKU48Posted 10/10/2013 8:38:14 AM(edited)
The market told them that very few people wanted a premium dedicated handheld gaming device at a premium price. That's why they gave the market a budget one and one that wasn't handheld at all.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#6stargazer64Posted 10/10/2013 8:38:35 AM
INKU48 posted...
The market told them that very few people wanted a premium dedicated handheld gaming device.

Well, if they hadn't lost almost all major 3rd party support then the market would have shown otherwise.

New Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy for Japan.

New Batman, Borderlands, Bioshock, a good Call of Duty, a good Assassins Creed, Skyrim, GTA for the rest of the world.

New, exclusive Pro Evo soccer to conquer Europe.

Victory. Glory. Life.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#7SuperDogqHDPosted 10/10/2013 8:48:08 AM
stargazer64 posted...
INKU48 posted...
The market told them that very few people wanted a premium dedicated handheld gaming device.

Well, if they hadn't lost almost all major 3rd party support then the market would have shown otherwise.

New Batman, Borderlands, Bioshock, a good Call of Duty, a good Assassins Creed, Skyrim, GTA for the rest of the world.

Victory. Glory. Life.

I have said it multiple times, and have been modded multiple times, and will say it again. Sony HAS to be intentionally trying to screw this up. There is no way they could fubar this naturally.
#8GuitaristMattPosted 10/10/2013 8:49:37 AM
downgraded the vita 2000 so that Sony could drop the price again. No way the Vita 1000 could go much lower.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#9INKU48Posted 10/10/2013 9:02:30 AM
stargazer64 posted...
INKU48 posted...

Victory. Glory. Life.

Plenty of reason but the Vita was selling much worse than the 3DS at a point in time where it had a few good early releases unlike the 3DS, it had the promise of a good Assassin's Creed and Call of Duty. It never sold well in spite of having a "better" start than the 3DS.

I think a big reason is that Nintendo built brand loyalty with how amazing the GBA and DS libraries turned out with one amazing exclusive after another while the PSP was killed off early in America with a library of ports and remakes.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#10silenthill4vidPosted 10/10/2013 10:01:32 AM
first ive heard of a weaker cpu..
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.