Vita TV was pure brillance. So why did they downgrade the Vita 2000?

#11nedrithPosted 10/10/2013 11:05:22 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Giving people options, I guess. Although I will meet you outside for a fight right now about the brilliance of the Vita TV. Terrible time to release such a device when the Vita itself is doing so badly.

In 5 minutes, ok? Need a quick cuppa.

Or a great time depending on how you look at it. More people able to play Vita games could mean more developers wanting to make vita games. More vita games would likely equate to more Vita sales.
#12blunderminePosted 10/10/2013 11:51:41 AM
nedrith posted...
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Giving people options, I guess. Although I will meet you outside for a fight right now about the brilliance of the Vita TV. Terrible time to release such a device when the Vita itself is doing so badly.

In 5 minutes, ok? Need a quick cuppa.

Or a great time depending on how you look at it. More people able to play Vita games could mean more developers wanting to make vita games. More vita games would likely equate to more Vita sales.

Developers wont suddenly start developing a game because there are good sales for a few weeks after launch. They would need to wait to see what the sales are like under regular circumstances. Even if they're good enough to warrant a game, it will take them about 2 years to make.

So if we're lucky, maybe we'll see some games in late 2015.
#13HeartTranquilPosted 10/10/2013 2:15:37 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
first ive heard of a weaker cpu..

Really? Has the cpu been downgraded?
#14INKU48Posted 10/10/2013 2:18:35 PM
HeartTranquil posted...
silenthill4vid posted...

Pretty sure it's a myth made up by TC.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#15HeartTranquilPosted 10/10/2013 2:27:05 PM
INKU48 posted...
HeartTranquil posted...
silenthill4vid posted...

Do you know why the TC hates the 2000 so much? Does the TC actually have the 2000 in person or is TC just... hating it for the sake of hating it?

Is the 2000 really that bad or just people overreacting...? By logic... this means the 3DS XL screen are MUCH MUCH worse right?
#16MMaestroPosted 10/10/2013 2:43:22 PM
Cause Sony likes money.

Sony gets more money if they downgrade the Vita.
#17SharkPowah(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 5:54:19 PM
INKU48 posted...
HeartTranquil posted...
silenthill4vid posted...

Nice Google Foo skills, instead of taking the all of 2 seconds to look up a Japanese comparison video showing the weaker CPU and increased loading times. Call the poster a liar, and make other people think he's lying to.

Congrats on helping Sony sell a crappy version of Vita to people. You sure got me
#18silenthill4vidPosted 10/10/2013 6:32:51 PM
one video the guy claimed the latency was due to the 2000 accessing internet data.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#19INKU48Posted 10/10/2013 6:37:14 PM
SharkPowah posted...
INKU48 posted...
HeartTranquil posted...
silenthill4vid posted...

Nice Google Foo skills, instead of taking the all of 2 seconds to look up a Japanese comparison video showing the weaker CPU and increased loading times. Call the poster a liar, and make other people think he's lying to.

Congrats on helping Sony sell a crappy version of Vita to people. You sure got me

I haveyet to see any conclusive evidence for this. Please provide us with some.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#20Cloud069Posted 10/10/2013 7:23:41 PM
Longer loading time is due to first time game trophy loading. After that stuff is installed load times will be the same.
---
PSN: Cloud073