Vita TV was pure brillance. So why did they downgrade the Vita 2000?

#21aiagfqPosted 10/10/2013 7:32:31 PM
The only thing that got downgraded was the screen. People were complaining about the high price. Sony listened to their costumers. That is it. You get what you're willing to pay for. It's physically impossible to have a high-tech device for cheap without some sort of dirty catch. It's still a better screen than on any Nintendo product or PSP.

Batteries are better, device is slimmer, has more color options and USB. Hardly a downgrade.
#22ITPPosted 10/10/2013 10:08:04 PM
Are people just making stuff up now? the Vita 2000 DOES NOT HAVE WEAKER CPU

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7294/sony-announces-ps-vita-2000-ps-vita-tv

And where did you come up with this "Yellowing effect" BS? I haven't heard any such thing anywhere, I'm waiting for the big sites to review it, the thing has only been out for one day!

Also, you can't judge the LCD quality without using it firsthand. Many OLEDs suck, and many LCDs (such as the iphone's for example) are brilliant and vibrant. it really depends on the specific screen they chose, and you can't judge that without firsthand impressions.
---
PSN ID: LeeorV
Now playing: The Last of Us, Hotline Miami, Kingdoms of Amalur
#23xfactorPosted 10/11/2013 7:59:18 AM
Simple. SOny wants to cut cost. They can't afford to bleed so much money
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#24OximofoPosted 10/11/2013 10:21:46 AM
Also wasn't an issue of not being able to play the thing in direct or natural light a big issue for people in Asia. Since you know they actually play the things not plugged into a wall in their rooms?
---
Mr. Ami Suzuki
GT: Oximofo9 PSN: oximofo9
#25amonte64Posted 10/14/2013 11:25:37 PM
LCD VS OLED is all opinion. One fact though is that LCD does natural colors unlike OLED.

PSVita 2000, as far as I think, is suppose to be a lower ended PSVita model generally speaking but it does come with great and much needed improvements. Some people prefer the 2000 version over the OLED version.

Personally, I don't see any yellowing effect, I don't see anywhere where it has weaker CPU and on colors is of course opinion.

One thing though, if you're getting or liking a PSVita TV for playing games on it then I don't see how it's brilliant. Because PSP already does that and much better. You not only get a portable console, you can also connect it and play it on your TV, you can use the PSP to play or a controller, you have all PSP games via UMD so you don't have to depend on the weak selection of PSP games on PSN or even weaker selection of PSVita compatible PSP games , don't have to rebuy your games, don't have to spend the overpriced tags of digital PSP games and don't have to use digital if you don't like it and it has all PSOne Classics unlike PSVita. And it costs a lot less than PSVita TV.
#26Soul_AlchemistPosted 10/15/2013 4:25:18 PM
SharkPowah posted...
Ugly yellowing effect, weaker cpu with 20% longer loading time, droll lifeless colors that do not pop, cheap plastic looking design, colors are no longer LE or special, no 3G.

Before someone says 3G is pointless, I use my 3G a LOT use it with Skype, have a phone number so people can call me, and can make unlimited calls for WAY cheaper then normal phone.

Anyways what gives why did they think of such a amazing idea with Vita TV, but such a God awful idea with the Vita 2000?

Are you serious? The CPU and loading times are already bad on my OLED Vita...
Do you have any link talking about the new Vita CPU?
---
"Everyone wants to get on the train leading to their preconceived conclusion. No, they ride them even if they shouldn't!" - ZSZS
#27OzzieArcanePosted 10/15/2013 5:19:26 PM
amonte64 posted...
LCD VS OLED is all opinion. One fact though is that LCD does natural colors unlike OLED.

PSVita 2000, as far as I think, is suppose to be a lower ended PSVita model generally speaking but it does come with great and much needed improvements. Some people prefer the 2000 version over the OLED version.

Personally, I don't see any yellowing effect, I don't see anywhere where it has weaker CPU and on colors is of course opinion.

One thing though, if you're getting or liking a PSVita TV for playing games on it then I don't see how it's brilliant. Because PSP already does that and much better. You not only get a portable console, you can also connect it and play it on your TV, you can use the PSP to play or a controller, you have all PSP games via UMD so you don't have to depend on the weak selection of PSP games on PSN or even weaker selection of PSVita compatible PSP games , don't have to rebuy your games, don't have to spend the overpriced tags of digital PSP games and don't have to use digital if you don't like it and it has all PSOne Classics unlike PSVita. And it costs a lot less than PSVita TV.

PSP TV cables suck. They don't make the game fill the screen properly.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#28j2zon2591Posted 10/15/2013 5:51:28 PM
Soul_Alchemist posted...
SharkPowah posted...
Ugly yellowing effect, weaker cpu with 20% longer loading time, droll lifeless colors that do not pop, cheap plastic looking design, colors are no longer LE or special, no 3G.

Before someone says 3G is pointless, I use my 3G a LOT use it with Skype, have a phone number so people can call me, and can make unlimited calls for WAY cheaper then normal phone.

Anyways what gives why did they think of such a amazing idea with Vita TV, but such a God awful idea with the Vita 2000?

Are you serious? The CPU and loading times are already bad on my OLED Vita...
Do you have any link talking about the new Vita CPU?

Could be a slightly slower RAM at worst.

Weaker CPU/GPU WILL affect game performance not just load times.

The claim sounds ridiculous.
#29mjc0961Posted 10/20/2013 11:15:35 AM
A Vita that can't play what few games Vita has was pure brilliance? I was thinking pure s*** but hey, whatever.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.
#30mjc0961Posted 10/20/2013 11:16:41 AM
OzzieArcane posted...
amonte64 posted...

PSP TV cables suck. They don't make the game fill the screen properly.

Check your TV for zoom settings, most TVs have them. Problem solved.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.