Vita TV was pure brillance. So why did they downgrade the Vita 2000?

#31zandm7Posted 10/20/2013 3:15:45 PM
SharkPowah posted...
Ugly yellowing effect, droll lifeless colors that do not pop,

I assume this is in reference to the screen? Actually, the Vita-2000 screen only seems "yellow" in comparison to the Vita-1000. Both the 1000 and 2000 have tinted screens. The 1000 is "cooler" (blue-tinted) compared with the 2000's warmer (yellow-orange) display. In spite of this, the 2000 actually still has more accurate and true-to-life colors than the 1000. I'm with you though in that I find the 1000's screen more pleasing to the eye.

And for the latter bit, you talking about the screen or the design? I'm assuming the former. In that case, you're technically wrong. The colors on the 2000 are much more "lifelike" than the ones on the 1000. But that's assuming that "realistic" and accurate colors = lifelike. Colors on the 1000 are grossly oversaturated in objective terms, compared with the much more accurate colors of the 2000. I personally really love the OLED screen on my 1000 but facts are facts.

weaker cpu with 20% longer loading time,

Could I have a source for this please? Nowhere I've read indicates that this is true, but a few people have mentioned it so I'm assuming the information came from somewhere. I kind of really doubt this is true though...

cheap plastic looking design, colors are no longer LE or special

This is true, it's much like the PSP-1000 vs 2000 effect. But in some ways the 2000 is aesthetically more appealing/modern in the way it's thinner/lighter and curvier. But the cheapness of the design is quite noticeable compared with the 1000. Which design is better aesthetically is entirely subjective.

What does the latter bit mean? If it means what I think, then A) there are more colors available for the 2000 than there ever were for the 1000, so surely that isn't a downside and B) as an initial launch, there won't be any "limited edition" or "special" colors until bundles come out.

no 3G. Before someone says 3G is pointless, I use my 3G a LOT use it with Skype, have a phone number so people can call me, and can make unlimited calls for WAY cheaper then normal phone.

Just because you utilized the 3G feature does not mean Sony was obligated to keep the 3G feature for the next Vita. They dropped a 3G SKU for the Vita because nobody was buying it. It was highly unpopular for people to pay an extra $50 for a feature they A) couldn't use for most gaming features and B) probably already had on their smartphone.

Anyways what gives why did they think of such a amazing idea with Vita TV, but such a God awful idea with the Vita 2000?

The 2000 is hardly "God awful." It boosted Vita sales in Japan significantly so obviously Sony did something right. While I don't like the new design as much as the one they had for the 1000, every other aspect of the 2000 I'm totally fine with, and the amped up battery life sounds amazing according to Engadget's review. I might even pick one up myself if/when it comes stateside (depends on how much I can get for my 1000).
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#32xanthan1Posted 10/20/2013 3:19:15 PM(edited)
You consider a version of a system with less features, and thus unable to play all the games on it, and completely removing one of the systems only things left to draw people in, that it's portable, to be brilliance.

Your opinion, on EVERYTHING, is invalid. Reexamine reality and come back when you see all the ways the Vita TV is a stupid idea.
#33zandm7Posted 10/20/2013 4:33:06 PM
xanthan1 posted...
You consider a version of a system with less features, and thus unable to play all the games on it, and completely removing one of the systems only things left to draw people in, that it's portable, to be brilliance.

Your opinion, on EVERYTHING, is invalid. Reexamine reality and come back when you see all the ways the Vita TV is a stupid idea.

Not true. It IS true for hardcore Vita fans and/or portable gamers (who would buy the portable version anyways) and most hardcore gamers in general but the Vita TV is a brilliant idea to capture the casual market.

It's basically the set-top box everyone's dreamed of: Netflix, Hulu, Youtube streaming on the big screen but you can also play PSP, PS1, Vita, and PS4 (through Remote Play) games. Pretty great deal for $99, and hopefully the incompatibility with certain Vita games will be mitigated by the Dualshock 4.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
#34Shadowfxd2Posted 10/20/2013 4:48:20 PM
I think what happened is they have WAY too much overstock of Vita 1000, so they made 2000 worse, so they could finally move the 1000, by making people think it will get discontinued for the 2000.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#35zandm7Posted 10/20/2013 4:57:31 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I think what happened is they have WAY too much overstock of Vita 1000, so they made 2000 worse, so they could finally move the 1000, by making people think it will get discontinued for the 2000.

Holy balls this is crazy but brilliant.

Shadow you're a genius :P

Sometimes.
---
#36cloud_8f8fPosted 10/20/2013 4:59:53 PM
It's Sony's version of the 2DS.
---
Currently Playing: Pokemon X (3DS), Pokemon Black Version 2 (DS), Pokemon Red (GB)
Official Reshiram of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#37OzzieArcanePosted 10/20/2013 8:38:38 PM
mjc0961 posted...
OzzieArcane posted...
amonte64 posted...
LCD VS OLED is all opinion. One fact though is that LCD does natural colors unlike OLED.

PSVita 2000, as far as I think, is suppose to be a lower ended PSVita model generally speaking but it does come with great and much needed improvements. Some people prefer the 2000 version over the OLED version.

Personally, I don't see any yellowing effect, I don't see anywhere where it has weaker CPU and on colors is of course opinion.

One thing though, if you're getting or liking a PSVita TV for playing games on it then I don't see how it's brilliant. Because PSP already does that and much better. You not only get a portable console, you can also connect it and play it on your TV, you can use the PSP to play or a controller, you have all PSP games via UMD so you don't have to depend on the weak selection of PSP games on PSN or even weaker selection of PSVita compatible PSP games , don't have to rebuy your games, don't have to spend the overpriced tags of digital PSP games and don't have to use digital if you don't like it and it has all PSOne Classics unlike PSVita. And it costs a lot less than PSVita TV.

PSP TV cables suck. They don't make the game fill the screen properly.

Check your TV for zoom settings, most TVs have them. Problem solved.

Tried that, didn't work. Thank you, come again!

Zoom also shouldn't have to do the systems work for it. It displays everything else at full screen.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#38mizukage2Posted 10/20/2013 9:47:52 PM
stargazer64 posted...
INKU48 posted...
The market told them that very few people wanted a premium dedicated handheld gaming device.

Well, if they hadn't lost almost all major 3rd party support then the market would have shown otherwise.

New Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy for Japan.

New Batman, Borderlands, Bioshock, a good Call of Duty, a good Assassins Creed, Skyrim, GTA for the rest of the world.

New, exclusive Pro Evo soccer to conquer Europe.

Victory. Glory. Life.

wouldn't have done anything about the three biggest obstacles to the Vita

1# In general people prefer cheaper stuff when offered two products that do the same thing.

2# Nintendo has seriously loyal fans that will buy their stuff

3# Not only is it cheaper, but parents are more likely to look at it's really popular games like Mario and Pokemon and consider them more 'appropriate' for their child then something like AC: Liberations or Dragon's Crown.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#39kreedersPosted 10/21/2013 10:00:25 AM
hustlin_pimpste posted...
Giving people options, I guess. Although I will meet you outside for a fight right now about the brilliance of the Vita TV. Terrible time to release such a device when the Vita itself is doing so badly.

In 5 minutes, ok? Need a quick cuppa.

should of just made it stream to the tv through the PS3