I figured I'd post here as well. I may either get a Vita or 3DS.

#31psvitantifailPosted 10/10/2013 11:00:39 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
psvitantifail posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
It ultimately depends on what genre of games you have an affinity for.

Vita recommendations:
Earth Defense Force 2017
Killzone mercenary
Persona 4 Golden
Disgaea 3
Muramasa Rebirth
Silent Hill: Book of Memories
Ys: Memories of Celceta (upcoming)
Dragon's Crown
Atelier Totori and Meruru Plus
Soul Sacrifice
The Walking Dead/400 Days
Mortal Kombat
Tearaway (upcoming)
Valhalla Knights 3 (upcoming)
Virtue's Last Reward
Demon Gaze (upcoming)
Dangan Ronpa (upcoming)
Toukiden (upcoming)
Sorcery Saga: Curse of the Great Curry God (upcoming)

3DS recommendations

SMT IV
Soul Hackers
Devil Survivor: Overclocked
Etrian Odyssey IV
Etrian Odyssey Untold: Millennium Girl
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Resident Evil: Revelations
Style Savvy: Trendsetters
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Pokemon X & Y
Rune Factory IV
Project X Zone
Samurai Warrior Chronicles
Code of Princess
Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
Senran Kagura Burst (upcoming)
Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (upcoming)
Hometown Story (upcoming)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (upcoming)
Bravely Default (upcoming)
fixed....

All you added was Earth Defense Force and moved Killzone up?
exactly Killzone&EDF>>Persona golden 4 it's a good game I really like it but I wouldn't say its the vita number one game..
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#32KakkayPosted 10/10/2013 2:56:21 PM
I had a 3DS, and it was a complete waste of cash. I recently picked up a Vita, and I'm really enjoying it so far.
---
PSN id: Kakkeron
Microsoft. You're dead to me.
#33TheBuddsPosted 10/10/2013 3:36:43 PM
Your bending more towards the 3DS TC, as evident to what your looking for and I would agree with what Vish said.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming." http://tinyurl.com/mt8tqou check it!
#34StormKMD(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2013 6:38:07 PM
Well, eventually I'll get both, so it doesn't matter that much >___>
---
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430
#35LvthnPosted 10/10/2013 6:58:10 PM
If you plan to get PS4, remote play will be kind of a big deal. It's confirmed to work over internet connections, latency basically determined by connection speed (i.e. zero latency local or inherent), and will work with every PS4 game that isn't camera based.

Some are moaning about it. Personally I think it's awesome, it was one of the Vita's big selling points at launch...the only tragedy is that it's just now coming to fruition.
#36thebatdaddPosted 10/10/2013 7:01:55 PM
If stargazer's post with the list of Vita games doesn't look enticing to you then definitely do not get a Vita. If you're not interested in first party Nintendo stuff like Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon for 3DS do not get it (people like to get all hyped up about 3DS library but it really isn't all that interesting, seeing as how all the top games are Nintendo's big name first party titles. Just the same Mario and Mario rehashes, along with Pokemon games year after year. Big surprise there)
---
I speak the truth, deal with it.
#37Lord_VishanaPosted 10/10/2013 7:14:26 PM
thebatdadd posted...
If stargazer's post with the list of Vita games doesn't look enticing to you then definitely do not get a Vita. If you're not interested in first party Nintendo stuff like Mario, Zelda, or Pokemon for 3DS do not get it (people like to get all hyped up about 3DS library but it really isn't all that interesting, seeing as how all the top games are Nintendo's big name first party titles. Just the same Mario and Mario rehashes, along with Pokemon games year after year. Big surprise there)

Why are you ignoring all the third party titles?
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#38thebatdaddPosted 10/10/2013 7:22:31 PM
Lord_Vishana posted...
thebatdadd posted...

I'm not ignoring them, I'm just saying most people buy Nintendo's handhelds for first party titles such as Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda (at least in America). I'm betting most people who bought one in US got one because of NSMB2, Zelda Ocarina of Time, the upcoming new Zelda game, Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land, or the upcoming Pokemon X/Y.

I mean, 3DS does have stuff like Resident Evil Revelations and Metal Gear Solid. But if you buy a 3DS without in interest in Mario or Pokemon, you're gonna have a bad time.
---
I speak the truth, deal with it.
#39Starwars4JPosted 10/10/2013 7:39:56 PM
thebatdadd posted...
I'm not ignoring them, I'm just saying most people buy Nintendo's handhelds for first party titles such as Mario, Pokemon, and Zelda (at least in America). I'm betting most people who bought one in US got one because of NSMB2, Zelda Ocarina of Time, the upcoming new Zelda game, Mario Kart, Mario 3D Land, or the upcoming Pokemon X/Y.

I mean, 3DS does have stuff like Resident Evil Revelations and Metal Gear Solid. But if you buy a 3DS without in interest in Mario or Pokemon, you're gonna have a bad time.

Silly troll, people try that jab with Nintendo's home consoles, but everyone recognizes Nintendo handhelds at being third party (and first party) kings. That's why they have such a stranglehold on the handheld gaming market. Third party on the DS destroyed what was on the PSP, and the 3DS is doing the same to the Vita.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#40LinkMaster2703Posted 10/10/2013 7:48:23 PM
thebatdadd posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...
thebatdadd posted...

Except that the 3DS has more/better 3rd party support than the Vita does. It really isn't even close, actually. Resident Evil, Metal Gear, Phoenix Wright, Monster Hunter, Etrian Odyssey, Shin Megami Tensei, Kingdom Hearts, the list goes on and on. Take away the Vita's ports and multiplats and what's left for third parties? Nothing. To count out Nintendo's first party games would be absurd, they're some of the best games ever made, but even if you do the 3DS still has a considerably better library of games.
---
3DS friend code: 4081-5496-3475
PSN: C_Dalke