Do Vita owners not like indie games because...

#1Aadrian1234Posted 10/11/2013 4:18:20 PM
Why do you/ Vita owners not like indie games? - Results (294 votes)
Too many on the Vita compared to AAA and first-third party games
63.95% (188 votes)
Don't like indies in general
36.05% (106 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Do most Vita owners not like indies because the Vita has too much, or just don't like indies in general? I enjoy games from independent developers much more because of the creativity they can put into their games, and that they don't try and cater to everyone like certain AAA companies do, making their game seem bland or too easy to attract more people. I love being able to play indies on a handheld, it seems like most of them fit perfectly on a handheld device. What are your opinions?
---
"This...sentence...is...false!"
"Umm... True, I pick true. See? Not hard at all"
#2GuitaristMattPosted 10/11/2013 4:21:27 PM
What's not to like about indie games? As long as they aren't phone games, then they are fairly priced and usually pretty good.
People might want to check out a few of those kickstarter campaigns too, like Reborn.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#3Boney00Posted 10/11/2013 4:26:11 PM
I don't know what you're talking about man. I own a Vita and love indies too. Try to get me to stop playing Spelunky. Next I'll be playing Dragon Fantasy Book II and Velocity Ultra in no order.

You assume Vita owners don't like indies but your poll seemed misleading or I just don't get it. The Vita doesn't have too many of any type of game IMO.
---
PSN, Steam and NNID: Bones00 3DS FC: 3136 6642 8964
#4Kazuhira07Posted 10/11/2013 4:29:22 PM
There's nothing wrong with indies. The thing is they're not going to push hardware sales, even if there was a billion vita exclusive indies.
---
PSN: Kazuhira07
Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (Trophy hunting)
#5stargazer64Posted 10/11/2013 4:31:20 PM
Nothing wrong with indies, unless all we are getting is old indie leftovers, etc etc
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#6MNeighborTotoriPosted 10/11/2013 4:39:11 PM
your choices are bad. so I didnt vote.
#7synthetiksinPosted 10/11/2013 4:41:52 PM
Only 3ds trolls and/or really poor console peasants bring up indie games like it's a bad thing. I'm pretty much at the upper echelon of the master race and I LOVE being able to take great indie games on the go.
#8skipboris2Posted 10/11/2013 4:43:52 PM
I love indies. Best thing happening to gaming at the moment. AAA has become so cliche and boring. Jump! Jump! pew pew pew! Pokemon! We've had this stuff for 2+ decades. Indies are the next frontier.
#9foxgamer92Posted 10/11/2013 4:45:52 PM
I might joke about not liking Indies, but I don't really care. Company X affects company Y making games in no way at all. That's why I can't stand the following example conversation:

"I hope Compile Heart ports Mugen Souls to the Vita"
"Please keep that trash away from my Vita"
"Lololo no"
"I'd rather have an exclusive Infamous"

Nobody would be forced to buy or play it. And the Infamous developers wouldn't see this and say "oh, well let's cancel the Infamous we wanted to make."

And yet we still have responses like these.

And indie games get these kind of responses almost every time that they are talked about as a general genre.
---
PlayStation Vita has a very bright future. NIS and Compile Heart know that Sony does what Nintendon't.
PSN:Setsuna1292 If you add me, please send a note.
#10ProgressivesPosted 10/11/2013 5:03:19 PM
Most of them are crappy platformers, to the point where Assassin's Creed Liberation was more innovative than, for example, Super Metboy and Spelunky. 16-bit graphics and padded game length=/= a good game.