Do Vita owners not like indie games because...

#61cheezedadadaPosted 10/17/2013 12:29:56 PM
krazykillerkow posted...
I better get outta town, Wild Xeed and Cheeze the Kid are havin a showdown!

We have these like once a week. Its awesome!
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#62chengmasterPosted 10/17/2013 2:10:34 PM
ItchyTasty93 posted...
Indies:
PC owners: This indie game is truly amazing. Its a bang for a few bucks.
=FACT

You got that right. (Minecraft)
---
"Tyrant Overlord Baal!? Wasn't he just a ploy to force players into playing their games for 1000 hours longer!?" ~Mao
#63townparkradioPosted 10/17/2013 2:32:46 PM
Progressives posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Progressives posted...
Most of them are crappy platformers, to the point where Assassin's Creed Liberation was more innovative than, for example, Super Metboy and Spelunky. 16-bit graphics and padded game length=/= a good game.

Hi Xeed.

Yes, please explain to everyone how innovative the yearly Assassins Creed retread is compared to games that you've never even played.

Gladly. It actually has a story and *gasp* 3-DIMENSIONAL GAMEPLAY!!!!! Now mind explaining how Super Meatboy is innovative?

To people who never played N/N+, it is. To those of us who have, it's a childish ripoff of N.
#64cheezedadadaPosted 10/17/2013 3:49:08 PM(edited)
townparkradio posted...
Progressives posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Progressives posted...
Most of them are crappy platformers, to the point where Assassin's Creed Liberation was more innovative than, for example, Super Metboy and Spelunky. 16-bit graphics and padded game length=/= a good game.

Hi Xeed.

Yes, please explain to everyone how innovative the yearly Assassins Creed retread is compared to games that you've never even played.

Gladly. It actually has a story and *gasp* 3-DIMENSIONAL GAMEPLAY!!!!! Now mind explaining how Super Meatboy is innovative?

To people who never played N/N+, it is. To those of us who have, it's a childish ripoff of N.

LOL. Explain how Super Meat Boy is childish?

I am asking genuinely as someone who prefers N+ over SMB any day of the week. I love N+
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
#65xanthan1Posted 10/17/2013 3:55:52 PM
cheezedadada posted...
townparkradio posted...
Progressives posted...
stargazer64 posted...
Progressives posted...

Hi Xeed.

LOL. Explain how Super Meat Boy is childish?

I am asking genuinely as someone who prefers N+ over SMB any day of the week. I love N+

I get the feeling his answer will be something stupid, like the art style.
#66cheezedadadaPosted 10/17/2013 4:03:54 PM(edited)
xanthan1 posted...

No offense to him, but I doubt he has a real answer to this. I honestly don't know where the SMB = childish thing came from. He cant say the art style either because N+ is pretty similar looking. Both start off easy and then have gigantic difficulty curves where dying is normal as well. I dont get it.

Its not as bad as all the cellphone comments though. Its funny because the last 2 indie games I played were graphically superior to basically every game in the Vita's library...AAA or not. That and a few people here dont even seem to want to acknowledge the fact that non-indie games are on cellphones. I know they can see that I made that point, but they just choose to ignore it since it doesnt help their argument.
---
#67ProgressivesPosted 10/17/2013 4:45:08 PM
cheezedadada posted...
xanthan1 posted...

No offense to him, but I doubt he has a real answer to this. I honestly don't know where the SMB = childish thing came from. He cant say the art style either because N+ is pretty similar looking. Both start off easy and then have gigantic difficulty curves where dying is normal as well. I dont get it.

Its not as bad as all the cellphone comments though. Its funny because the last 2 indie games I played were graphically superior to basically every game in the Vita's library...AAA or not. That and a few people here dont even seem to want to acknowledge the fact that non-indie games are on cellphones. I know they can see that I made that point, but they just choose to ignore it since it doesnt help their argument.

Show me a Vita indie with better graphics than Killzone Mercenary. Sure, non-indies are on cellphones, but that doesn't change the fact that most indies e.g. Super Meat Boy and Limbo, look and play like cellphone games.
#68xanthan1Posted 10/17/2013 5:02:26 PM
Progressives posted...
cheezedadada posted...
xanthan1 posted...

Show me a Vita indie with better graphics than Killzone Mercenary. Sure, non-indies are on cellphones, but that doesn't change the fact that most indies e.g. Super Meat Boy and Limbo, look and play like cellphone games.

And you never played Super Meat Boy.
#69cheezedadadaPosted 10/17/2013 5:40:40 PM
Progressives posted...
cheezedadada posted...
xanthan1 posted...

A Vita indie that has better graphics than Killzone? None. I thought it was well established that KZ:M was one of, if not THE best looking handheld games ever? No Vita titles regardless of being indie/AAA look better than KZ. That's not what I said though. I just said last 2 indie games I played not last 2 Vita Indie games. As for KZ though,it doesnt exactly show amazing innovation and the SP campaign is ~5 hours at most for some. If someone doesnt play the multiplayer, they are getting more time out of 10 dollar indie game than they are with that full priced game. I played the beta and it's a damn good looking & playing game, but without those graphics its just the usual FPS.

The thing is, you prefer graphics over everything else. For some people (including me), gameplay is way more important than graphics. You have no problem overlooking mediocrity as long as it has a nice paint job. We will never see eye to eye with that. The difference is I will be able to experience a bigger variety of games since I don't avoid anything just because it doesn't have mind blowing graphics. Its so trivial to me and I dont see how anyone would put gameplay below graphics in terms of importance in a game.

...and yeah on a quick side note, you have never played any of the games that you have complained about ....ever. Other people are also making that joke because you are notorious for hating stuff without playing it. You almost hated Dragons Crown to the point where I thought you were going to fire a scud missile into the offices of Vanillaware, but you didn't play it.
---
#70stalemate_666Posted 10/17/2013 5:53:49 PM
vita owners do it's people who will never buy a vita because of an irrational person grudge that don't.
---
psn: Stalemate666