Killzone Mercenary looks like a PS3 game!

#1AncientAstroPosted 10/12/2013 8:26:19 AM
What a gorgeous looking game for a handheld device. I'd wager it looks better than most PS3 games. The Vita keeps surprising me what what it can do.
#2StrikeNinja24Posted 10/12/2013 8:32:39 AM
And it's incredibly short and lacks replay value that's worth a damn. I traded mine in already after beating the levels on the hardest difficulty pretty easily.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#3arclouks_xPosted 10/12/2013 8:37:01 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
And it's incredibly short and lacks replay value that's worth a damn. I traded mine in already after beating the levels on the hardest difficulty pretty easily.

it has replay value with the contracts they'rr fun and slightly challenging, also mp is.fun when it works.
---
PSN:JustArc_
Now playing:Killzone Mercenary,Rayman Origins, GTA V.
#4AncientAstro(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 8:38:16 AM
It's definitely got me pumped to see what they can do with Killzone on the PS4 now.
#5BossBangPosted 10/12/2013 9:02:31 AM
Come off it strike. Those contracts are damn hard an fun, there's plenty to unlock, lots of trophies, AND fantastic online multiplayer.

If you bought an FPS and complain about replay ability when there's all that AND online multiplayer, you are doing it wrong.
---
Its totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry.
#6alexg1989Posted 10/12/2013 9:04:01 AM
it definitely is a graphics powerhouse... just wish it had more to do. Unfortunately my time with it was more short lived than I thought it'd be. I can't play MP, and the contracts weren't as exciting as I thought they'd be.

I ended up selling it for a PSP... good tradeoff. I sell one Vita game and once again have access to my huge PSP library so... yeah...

If only KZM had botzone... I play PSP homebrew quake mods for my bot fix lol
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#7The_DjokerPosted 10/12/2013 10:05:36 AM
no it doesn't. And Vita can do great stuff but best hardware =/= best games. Noone will spend money to make great looking games on vita if thy don't sell.
---
http://25.media.tumblr.com/3ec856a327b34abd6227b86559e3e89e/tumblr_mn6la1MZCp1qbeeqko8_250.gif
#8StrikeNinja24Posted 10/12/2013 10:22:58 AM
BossBang posted...
Come off it strike. Those contracts are damn hard an fun, there's plenty to unlock, lots of trophies, AND fantastic online multiplayer.

If you bought an FPS and complain about replay ability when there's all that AND online multiplayer, you are doing it wrong.

Online is nothing but Death Match in different fashions, there's literally no penalty of dying, and the guns are hilariously unbalanced. Online is actually the mode that has the least amount of meat to it, and that's not how you promote an FPS. Contracts is doing nothing but playing the same exact mission in a specific way, many which make the game actually less fun because you usually have to use a gun that's not even close to what would be useful in any situation.

It took me less than a week to unlock everything. It's very, very easy to get all the guns, armor, vanguards, and the like unlocked. The AI in the game for the enemies are pretty awful, and little changes no matter what mode you're on.

Thankfully the trade in bonus is still decent for the game.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#9stargazer64Posted 10/12/2013 10:27:38 AM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
BossBang posted...

Online is nothing but Death Match in different fashions, there's literally no penalty of dying, and the guns are hilariously unbalanced. Online is actually the mode that has the least amount of meat to it, and that's not how you promote an FPS. Contracts is doing nothing but playing the same exact mission in a specific way, many which make the game actually less fun because you usually have to use a gun that's not even close to what would be useful in any situation.

It took me less than a week to unlock everything. It's very, very easy to get all the guns, armor, vanguards, and the like unlocked. The AI in the game for the enemies are pretty awful, and little changes no matter what mode you're on.

Thankfully the trade in bonus is still decent for the game.

You didn't even give me a chance to shoot you in the face
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#10j2zon2591Posted 10/12/2013 11:00:51 AM
Occasionally does. The framerate was kinda jumpy but as long as you usually dispatch the enemies quickly it's pretty smooth.

Wish the campaign had more missions, 4th contract and Veteran mode.