Will Sony eventually turn around the Vita?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Will Sony eventually turn around the Vita?

User Info: Progressives

Progressives
3 years ago#1
All we've been hearing from them is "We're shifting towards indies and Remote Play in the West."

User Info: Sami1000

Sami1000
3 years ago#2
I don't think Vita will ever turn around. It might start selling a little better in time. Gaikai might change everything but I think Sony said they don't know if its possible to bring Gaikai feature to EU.

User Info: thebatdadd

thebatdadd
3 years ago#3
The Vita's pretty much been downgraded from its own handheld console to a PS4 remote now. Sorry to say it, but it's true.
I speak the truth, deal with it.

User Info: j2zon2591

j2zon2591
3 years ago#4
Turn around as in exactly what?

3DS hardware sales and have Pokemon/Mario/Zelda/MH4 level of sales?

Never.

It will continue to chart below 3DS/PS3/4/360/X1 world wide, forever until it gets discontinued or replaced another device.. with the occasional bump in sales topping the Wii U a few times maybe (from here on).

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
3 years ago#5
Gee, I dunno TC.

Will you ever stop making topics about it?
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH

User Info: psvitantifail

psvitantifail
3 years ago#6
j2zon2591 posted...

Never.

It will continue to chart below 3DS/PS3/4/360/X1 world wide, forever until it gets discontinued or replaced another device.. with the occasional bump in sales topping the Wii U a few times maybe (from here on).

This \(O_O)/I wouldn't say never but I'll say its unlikely...
Oh no Charlie!!---

User Info: DiaperDandee

DiaperDandee
3 years ago#7
j2zon2591 posted...

Never.

I don't see it occasionally topping the Wii U for much longer now that Windwaker HD has come out as well as Pikmin 3 (the sales are starting to pick up). I mean, sure Killzone came out not too long ago but the future isn't that bright in terms of big name games for the Vita, which is a shame..
Playing: Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us

User Info: locky723

locky723
3 years ago#8
Yes... IF, sony freaking treats it right and MAKES SOME DAMN ORIGINAL GAMES

User Info: INKU48

INKU48
3 years ago#9
It will never win any console wars except against the OUYA or Shield but it looks like it will build a respectable library of good games.
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards

User Info: mikebrand83

mikebrand83
3 years ago#10
At least not with the PS Vita 2k version, if the pictures of its Japanese launch really is as poor a showing as they seemed.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Will Sony eventually turn around the Vita?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived