Will Sony eventually turn around the Vita?

#11Progressives(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 6:31:38 PM
Hell, even IF Sony advertised the Vita and put out some titles, it wouldn't do much now. Hype's gone.
#12MNeighborTotoriPosted 10/12/2013 6:32:35 PM
Sony doesn't need to. You need to turn around and face the fact, Vita is facing the right direction.
#13j2zon2591Posted 10/12/2013 6:58:40 PM
DiaperDandee posted...
j2zon2591 posted...
Turn around as in exactly what?

3DS hardware sales and have Pokemon/Mario/Zelda/MH4 level of sales?

Never.

It will continue to chart below 3DS/PS3/4/360/X1 world wide, forever until it gets discontinued or replaced another device.. with the occasional bump in sales topping the Wii U a few times maybe (from here on).

I don't see it occasionally topping the Wii U for much longer now that Windwaker HD has come out as well as Pikmin 3 (the sales are starting to pick up). I mean, sure Killzone came out not too long ago but the future isn't that bright in terms of big name games for the Vita, which is a shame..

Maybe. I could still see it topping the Wii U in JPN when games like GE, FW, GR2, etc. come out and the Wii U releasing their heavier software on a different week.

For US market? I don't see the VITA topping Wii U after SSB hits. I heard that software has some following.
#14cmincPosted 10/12/2013 7:58:51 PM
I think it could hold its own with consistent releases and a price more comparable to the competition. I really love my vita, but had i not got it for the price i did, i'd of never picked it up to find that out for myself.
---
---
#15rpglover13Posted 10/12/2013 8:45:43 PM
The difference of whether the Vita turns around or not is really just dependent on 2 things: the arrival of 2-3 choice games (FF Type-0, Bioshock, etc.) or the lowering of memory card prices. Or a mixture of these two.
#16OtakuD50Posted 10/12/2013 9:33:47 PM
thebatdadd posted...
The Vita's pretty much been downgraded from its own handheld console to a PS4 remote now. Sorry to say it, but it's true.

People keep saying this, and all it does is make other people believe it when it makes no sense.
---
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!
#17xXkewls0358Posted 10/12/2013 9:48:06 PM
rpglover13 posted...
The difference of whether the Vita turns around or not is really just dependent on 2 things: the arrival of 2-3 choice games (FF Type-0, Bioshock, etc.) or the lowering of memory card prices. Or a mixture of these two.

This. They wanted to corner the market and gouge, they should have made that corner look appealing and not gouge.
---
fEeD mEh!!1
#18Dead-DragonPosted 10/13/2013 12:36:40 AM
If the gaikai streaming service is any good in 2014, which will allow PS3 and (eventually) PS2 games to be streamed on the vita (and PS3 / 4)...that would save the vita, or at least make it 10x better for me.

What I really wish is someone would come along and create a service which allows download / streaming of games that have been made on every gaming platform ever. Without having to do it illegally through emulators. A portable device similar to the Vita, which also has a camera, gps, phone apps, ebook reading capabilities, etc.

One device that can literally do everything every other device can do combined, is that so much to ask for?

That would be the greatest thing ever I think, and I imagine it could be a huge success, why hasn't anyone else attempted anything like this? If I was ambitious I'd do it myself but God has other plans for me.
#19TranslatorTomPosted 10/13/2013 3:13:41 AM
I wish I could say yes, but with Sony announcing their OWN ios exclusives, it's hard to say...
---
-Tom
#20godslayer61Posted 10/13/2013 3:21:48 AM
j2zon2591 posted...
Turn around as in exactly what?

3DS hardware sales and have Pokemon/Mario/Zelda/MH4 level of sales?

Never.

It will continue to chart below 3DS/PS3/4/360/X1 world wide, forever until it gets discontinued or replaced another device.. with the occasional bump in sales topping the Wii U a few times maybe (from here on).

It is still miles better than the 3ds but if you like worse quality in games , graphics ,amount of stuff the system can do and like a system that looks very ugly and kiddie than the 3ds is perfect but as a adult I prefer the elegant looking vita plus go online and check out the line up for this year coming out it is amazing and there are tons of games that have been officaly announced and have already started being made.
---
psn-kish1975 ----------xbox live-godslayer1975------------------wii u-kish1975------3ds-0361-6138-6925