I'm a PlayStation Fanboy, and I still don't like the Vita that much

#1JackyBoyJaneyGiPosted 10/12/2013 7:01:10 PM
I know this is blasphemy for me to say, but the PlayStation Vita is so far a mediocre console. It can't play PlayStation Portable games which is a big disappointment. There also isn't that many good games for it yet. I mean sure the graphics on the Vita look good, but I think it's overpriced and isn't worth the money. I'd much rather buy a Nintendo 3DS which has the stronger library of games and can play old Nintendo DS games if I want to play Zelda or Mario.

And yes, I am a PlayStation fanboy, I stuck with PlayStation since the beginning. I actually think the original PlayStation is the greatest console in history due to its amazing library of games. I loved the PlayStation 2 because it could play PS1 and PS2 games, it also had a built in DVD player which was new at the time. I was somewhat skeptical about the PlayStation 3 at first due to it's high asking price and slow library games for the first two years of release. But the library of the PlayStation 3 greatly improved and I now think it's the best console of the 7th generation due to it's built in Blu-ray player, game discs that never scratch, free online gaming, a great library of PS One classics off the PlayStation Network, a solid controller and amazing exclusives such as Metal Gear Solid 4, Uncharted, The Last of Us and many others.

The PlayStation 4 to me looks like the console to buy in the 8th generation being more powerful and cheaper than the Xbox One and all I need is just a controller. For the Xbox One, you need a controller and a camera. Sure the Xbox One originally had a ton of restriction that have since been lifted after major controversy, it's still not enough to make me buy an Xbox One over a PlayStation 4. It's a disappointment that online games won't be free on the PlayStation 4 and that is really the PlayStation 4's only downside so far.

Here's to another great generation of video games.
#2RadKickAssPosted 10/12/2013 7:09:36 PM
Good story.
---
TO MICHAEL!
PSN: RadKickAss // 3DS: 0662-2594-4115
#3RjmhartPosted 10/12/2013 7:10:43 PM
Any reason why the Vita can't end up exactly like your description of the ps3?
---
Psn: big_bob002
#4hikarux3Posted 10/12/2013 7:10:48 PM
cool story bro, need more dragon and stuff
#5JackyBoyJaneyGi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 7:12:23 PM
Rjmhart posted...
Any reason why the Vita can't end up exactly like your description of the ps3?

I never said the Vita failed, it's just off to a slow start so far.
#6Hardley_SmithPosted 10/12/2013 7:13:01 PM
new and interesting topic
#7jazzlover511Posted 10/12/2013 7:17:56 PM
Who said Vita can't play PSP games?
---
I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.
#8OzzieArcanePosted 10/12/2013 7:19:59 PM
jazzlover511 posted...

I think he means it can't use the UMDs. You'd have to rebuy anything you didn't already own digitally.
---
Check out reviews by me and my friends at www.reviewersunknown.com
#9JackyBoyJaneyGi(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2013 7:24:55 PM
OzzieArcane posted...
jazzlover511 posted...

I think he means it can't use the UMDs. You'd have to rebuy anything you didn't already own digitally.

I don't feel like buying digital copies off the PlayStation Network when I have the UMD copy. I'm not buying 'Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories' again. And I have to buy a large memory card to hold all the games which is annoying. It's better to just buy the UMD copies.
#10SuperDogqHDPosted 10/12/2013 7:49:35 PM
Based on title: Welcome to the club TC