What's up with needing a PS3 to play Psone on Vita?

#1DerekRossPosted 10/13/2013 1:25:15 AM
I heard this a lot. What does this mean? I thought all Psone games are available to Vita. Which ones are available and which one do I need a PS3 for out of this list?...

Chrono Cross
Resident Evil 1 and 2
The Legend of Dragoon
FFVI
FFVII
FFVIII
FFIX

I wanted to get a Vita primarily to play Psone games on the go and do not own a PS3 nor plan to in the future.
#2dancingwaters9Posted 10/13/2013 1:28:44 AM(edited)
All of the ones you mentioned are available to download from the Vita's store except The Legend of Dragoon.

TLOD is the only one u need a PS3 to transfer to ur Vita :/

Edit: Or maybe you can transfer from ur PC to ur Vita instead(not sure about this though but I guess it should work)
---
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Alaxas19
#3DerekRoss(Topic Creator)Posted 10/13/2013 1:31:21 AM
dancingwaters9 posted...
All of the ones you mentioned are available to download from the Vita's store except The Legend of Dragoon.

Damn that's wack.

How about Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories?
#4dancingwaters9Posted 10/13/2013 2:14:08 AM
DerekRoss posted...
dancingwaters9 posted...

Damn that's wack.

How about Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories?

Nope, just checked and couldn't find those 2 :/
---
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Alaxas19
#5co1onelPosted 10/13/2013 2:57:58 AM
Because publishers have decided for whatever reason that its not worth their time or money to update the license on the PS1 games for Vita.
---
++++======+++++----|=
#6Dead-DragonPosted 10/13/2013 3:17:03 AM
SotN is on there but you have to search for it, it isn't in the list of PS1 games...for whatever reason. I knew I had seen it before, that's weird.

There's also dracula x chronicles (psp game) which includes sotn and the original rondo of blood for $15 instead of $10.
#7MetalZoicPosted 10/13/2013 7:10:21 AM
Dead-Dragon posted...
SotN is on there but you have to search for it, it isn't in the list of PS1 games...for whatever reason. I knew I had seen it before, that's weird.

There's also dracula x chronicles (psp game) which includes sotn and the original rondo of blood for $15 instead of $10.

Yes SotN for PSOne works, I had it on my Vita.
The Dracula X Chronicles version is definitely the better of the two though.
#8GameDesignerSagePosted 10/13/2013 7:34:57 AM
co1onel posted...
Because publishers have decided for whatever reason that its not worth their time or money to update the license on the PS1 games for Vita.

This is the reason.

It is why it is always unfair when someone criticises a company for not having all the old games be available on the download service from day one (saying "it is only roms / isos"). It is impossible. For many titles it really is impossible because the company that once owned a property no longer exists so a license for it cannot be made.