The Vita could become a great RPG machine in the next year

#21INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 8:16:51 AM
MetalZoic posted...
TAoR posted...
Since when was Binding of Isaac a rpg...

Seems like a lot of those aren't RPGs.

lunchEATSyou posted...

Some people call Zelda an RPG too; it doesn't make them right either.

RPGs have evolved and it isn't a genre stuck with one strict definition anymore.

I use popular definitions on the internet and Borderlands and Monster Hunter-style games are often called action role-playing games.

I do not invent calling any of these games RPGs and if you go to for example Wikipedia you will find every single one one called something with "role-playing" or a sub-genre of role-playing except Toukiden which is a clone of the "action role-playing" game Monster Hunter.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#22Omegamaster006Posted 10/14/2013 8:25:41 AM
TC, you forget Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R.
---
I'm Tales of series fan.
#23RjmhartPosted 10/14/2013 8:27:27 AM
What is Hyper Light Drifter? I've seen one video and it doesn't show gameplay footage.
---
Psn: big_bob002
#24lunchEATSyouPosted 10/14/2013 8:27:41 AM
Well if you want to play fast and loose with the definition of an RPG, then every game is an RPG:

Halo: You play the role of an an enhanced human being fighting against aliens.

God of War: Playing the role of a warrior on a quest of revenge against the gods

Gran Turismo: Playing the role of a race car driver/owner

I could go on but you get the point.
---
Height has nothing to do with skin colour, but I know this girl that tans alot that is short...yeah get your brain looked it, someone needs to fix it- DemonDog
#25windmasteryPosted 10/14/2013 8:31:03 AM
Omegamaster006 posted...
TC, you forget Tales of Innocence R and Tales of Hearts R.

Actually, he wrote

"Then there are many games without confirmed localizations. If we can get one Tales game, God Eater 2 and one or two of the lesser known Japanese titles (Exstetra, a Generation XTH game, Mind 0, Conception II etc ) then the next year will be absolutely golden."

Second to last paragraph.
---
Tales Currently Playing: Xillia, Graces F, Destiny, Eternia
Done: Abyss, Phantasia PSX, Innocence R, Vesperia XBox, Hearts R
#26INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 8:34:28 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Well if you want to play fast and loose with the definition of an RPG, then every game is an RPG

I used popular internet definitions. Had I left out Toukiden then people would have complained too.

No one calls Halo or Gran Turismo an RPG. Many people call Toukiden and Borderlands RPGs. That is why they're in this topic.

It is not by my definitions, it's by popular definition.
---
#27TAoRPosted 10/14/2013 8:58:22 AM
But Borderlands is classified as a FPSRPG. Isaac is a roguelike, Toukiden is action and Zelda is adventure...
#28INKU48(Topic Creator)Posted 10/14/2013 11:10:08 AM
TAoR posted...
But Borderlands is classified as a FPSRPG. Isaac is a roguelike, Toukiden is action and Zelda is adventure...

Pretty sure this "FPSRPG" is a sub-genre of RPGs, I know roguelike is a sub-genre and like I said, Monster Hunter is commonly referred to as an action-RPG and Toukiden is a clone of that.
---