How would it make you feel if the Vita should have used BlUMD discs

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How would it make you feel if the Vita should have used BlUMD discs
2 years ago#31
No UMD compatible is one reason why I haven't gotten a PSVita and still won't for a long time.

PSVita doesn't need a UMD drive to be UMD compatible. All that had to be done is Sony letting us get a digital version of our UMD content and boom!
2 years ago#32
amonte64 posted...
No UMD compatible is one reason why I haven't gotten a PSVita and still won't for a long time.

PSVita doesn't need a UMD drive to be UMD compatible. All that had to be done is Sony letting us get a digital version of our UMD content and boom!

I still think they should make some type of external UMD reader hardware you can plug into the Vita.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Tk5qqZc.png
"I dont combine the 3DS and LL together to inflate the numbers. I live in the real world" - Sailor Goon
2 years ago#33
Vita would have been properly backwards compatible, AND devs would have 10 gigs to work with for every game which would have been a huge step up for most games. So yes, we'd be better off.
2 years ago#34
VegantoKeens posted...
they should have used cartridges for the first PSP.

That wasnt a possibility.
At launch a DS game card cost manufacturers $20 for 8 megabytes ($2.5 per megabyte), whereas a UMD cost less than $2 for 1.8 gigabytes (less than $0.00108506944 per megabyte), that's a difference of 2304. A 512 MB memory stick cost $80 and that wasn't even enough to hold an entire launch game. To go with carts would have crippled EVERY game.

Cost of carts is still holding Vita games back.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. How would it make you feel if the Vita should have used BlUMD discs

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived