What's on the way for Vita?

#1Imperfect_Dark2Posted 10/18/2013 12:00:22 AM
I've been thinking about buying a Vita for a few weeks now and I'm coming to the conclusion that there just aren't enough games at the moment to make it worthwhile; the only games I really want that I can't play on other systems I own (WiiU and 3DS, and PC takes The Walking Dead off the list as I got in the Steam Summer Sale (Although I would love to be able to play it in bed on Vita :L)) are Uncharted: GA, Wipeout 2048, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Gravity Rush and I guess Persona 4 (Doesn't really seem like my kind of thing but everyone raves about how good it is so much I'd probably have to check it out).

I know that there's Batman AO: Blackgate (Which I could get on 3DS if it turns out good, although Vita version will probably be better), Tearaway (No idea what this is but I like the boaxart), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Gravity Rush 2 and Borderlands 2 port, all of which I'm interested in, GR2 depending on whether or not I like the first. Anything else I'm missing?

I'm just not overly confident Sony will continue supporting the thing with games, with so little announced from first party or otherwise. Really is putting me off at the moment.
---
"i've seen ps2 games that are about on par with the wii u no bs, if anything the wii u is about as powerful as the dreamcast" - Fusion916
#2Fallen_LordPosted 10/18/2013 12:13:22 AM
If you don't think there are enough games that you want then please do not buy a Vita. All this board needs is another user with buyer's remorse endlessly trolling and spreading hate for the Vita.
#3Shadowfxd2Posted 10/18/2013 12:34:01 AM
Fallen_Lord posted...
If you don't think there are enough games that you want then please do not buy a Vita. All this board needs is another user with buyer's remorse endlessly trolling and spreading hate for the Vita.

I've yet to see anyone like that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#4mangasus90Posted 10/18/2013 12:40:25 AM
Imperfect_Dark2 posted...
I've been thinking about buying a Vita for a few weeks now and I'm coming to the conclusion that there just aren't enough games at the moment to make it worthwhile; the only games I really want that I can't play on other systems I own (WiiU and 3DS, and PC takes The Walking Dead off the list as I got in the Steam Summer Sale (Although I would love to be able to play it in bed on Vita :L)) are Uncharted: GA, Wipeout 2048, Killzone, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, Gravity Rush and I guess Persona 4 (Doesn't really seem like my kind of thing but everyone raves about how good it is so much I'd probably have to check it out).

I know that there's Batman AO: Blackgate (Which I could get on 3DS if it turns out good, although Vita version will probably be better), Tearaway (No idea what this is but I like the boaxart), Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD, Gravity Rush 2 and Borderlands 2 port, all of which I'm interested in, GR2 depending on whether or not I like the first. Anything else I'm missing?

I'm just not overly confident Sony will continue supporting the thing with games, with so little announced from first party or otherwise. Really is putting me off at the moment.

Know Japanese? Since Vita gonna have a lot of Japanese games on the way so i'm confident Sony still supports it. If not, too bad for you. Don't buy this system because from what you posted, i have a feeling you won't like it.
---
PSN: tridentnguyen =).
#5Imperfect_Dark2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 1:00:05 AM
mangasus90 posted...

Know Japanese? Since Vita gonna have a lot of Japanese games on the way so i'm confident Sony still supports it. If not, too bad for you. Don't buy this system because from what you posted, i have a feeling you won't like it.

What makes you say that? :) But no, I know no Japanese beyond ''konnichiwa''. Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking I'll wait and see if anything that really sells me on the system is announced, or a really good deal pops up.
---
"i've seen ps2 games that are about on par with the wii u no bs, if anything the wii u is about as powerful as the dreamcast" - Fusion916
#6mangasus90Posted 10/18/2013 1:41:14 AM
mangasus90 posted...

What makes you say that? :) But no, I know no Japanese beyond ''konnichiwa''. Thanks for the advice, I'm thinking I'll wait and see if anything that really sells me on the system is announced, or a really good deal pops up.

Oh sorry if it offended you. It's just that i can understand your feeling. Vita US games really dont make any appeal to me lately. The only thing keeps me playing it is the good Japanese game library.

So i just think if you want to play a lot of good US games, you should be patiently waiting, or just buy other handheld/ console.
---
PSN: tridentnguyen =).
#7Imperfect_Dark2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 1:57:27 AM
mangasus90 posted...
mangasus90 posted...

Oh sorry if it offended you. It's just that i can understand your feeling. Vita US games really dont make any appeal to me lately. The only thing keeps me playing it is the good Japanese game library.

So i just think if you want to play a lot of good US games, you should be patiently waiting, or just buy other handheld/ console.

No offense taken here. I wouldn't say I want to play only "good US games" necessarily, I'm up for any good game in general. My comment about Persona 4 possibly not being my thing is just because the style is foreign to me; I've never really watched anime or anything. I'm sure it's a great game and I love JRPGs (I'm a big fan of Chrono Trigger, Xenoblade, Final Fantasy VI, etc., all the classics) so I'd probably enjoy it. It's just human nature to be wary of that which is unfamiliar, I guess! I have nothing against Japanese games at all, in fact the majority of my collection consists of Japanese games.

But thanks again for the advice, I think I will, as you say, "patiently wait", and see what gets announced in the coming months.
---
#8psvitantifailPosted 10/18/2013 3:48:34 AM
In addition to those games Soul sacrifice,EDF 2017, Amazing Spider Man( Coming soon in November), Need for Speed Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048 , (Upcoming) YS,VK3, Unit 13, Resistance burning Skies ( It's better than what they say it is) Borderlands 2( Coming next year) In addition to that I recommend trying out some ps1 and psp classics and there are upcoming more games for the US next year...
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#9Imperfect_Dark2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/18/2013 4:20:31 AM
psvitantifail posted...
In addition to those games Soul sacrifice,EDF 2017, Amazing Spider Man( Coming soon in November), Need for Speed Most Wanted, Wipeout 2048 , (Upcoming) YS,VK3, Unit 13, Resistance burning Skies ( It's better than what they say it is) Borderlands 2( Coming next year) In addition to that I recommend trying out some ps1 and psp classics and there are upcoming more games for the US next year...

Ah, forgot about Soul Sacrifice, it's like Monster Hunter, right? May have to look into that. Need For Speed would be a major one for me if I didn't have a WiiU. WiiU version of that game = best. I actually already had Wipeout 2048 listed, that's one of if the not the Vita game I want to play the most! Didn't know about Ys, but it's an RPG so I'm interested.
---
#10ZGMF_600_GuaizPosted 10/18/2013 11:42:24 AM
Taking a quick peek at the PS Vita's PSN store RPG games, this is what I found:

PSOne - 25 titles
PSP - 53 titles
PS3/PSP - 2 titles
PS Vita - 17 titles
Total - 97 titles