Vita and Playstation 4 HAS much more symbiotic relationship than 3DS &WiiU

#1Semi45aPosted 10/18/2013 6:16:29 AM
And that is a great and beautiful thing

Sony's Playstation 4 is by far the strongest next generation home console system (daily polls dont lie)
Vita is viewed as the least successful handheld due to its weak library and overpriced memory cards

Nintendo's Wii U is by far the weakest next generation home console system (can you even call it next gen?)
3DS is viewed as the most successful handheld (due to its popularity and affordable pricing and vast library)

Xbox is well Xbone. (All in one, a TV, entertainment, social media, you name it, yet people still view it as a dud)

We need to think it terms of a pure console company war, Sony as doing just as well/bad as Nintendo. Before all Nintendoomed, Vitassurance and Xbot crap, everyone system and company has its pros and cons. But it seems Sony is ahead of the pack.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#2stargazer64Posted 10/18/2013 6:23:20 AM
I don't see Nintendo touting any kind of relationship between the 3DS and the Wii U. PS4 / Vita kinda wins by default here.

But I'll take it!
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#3MotiJrPosted 10/18/2013 6:24:07 AM
If this is what concerns you in gaming, you have already lost.
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#4Lord_VishanaPosted 10/18/2013 6:41:13 AM
Out of curiosity, why did you feel the need to post the "can you even call it next gen" part? This argument over what does and doesn't constitute a next generation system is so ridiculous. The Wii U, PS4 and Xbone are all next generation systems.

Each new console has their obvious positives and negatives. For me personally, I don't see any reason in owning a PS4 at this time. The only game that truly interested me was Kingdom Hearts III. Unfortunately, it'll probably be 2017(or later) before it is released.

Deep Down seemed nifty until it was revealed to be a Pay to Win game.

The ONLY thing that makes the Xbone slightly relevant is Dead Rising 3. I'm a zombie lover and I hope it eventually comes to other systems as I'll never buy an Xbone under any circumstances.

The Wii U is an amazing console to me. I know I'm in the minority for loving it, but it quickly became my favorite console of all-time thanks to DQX, Wonderful 101 and Lego City Undercover. I'm looking forward to many Wii U games in the coming months and into next year.

The system is in a precarious situation however and does face a lot of adversity as the new consoles release.
---
Cuteness Overload! http://i.imgur.com/gw03gl7.png World's Biggest Kenichi Ebina Fan 3DS FC: 3394-3716-0128 Vita PSN: Queen_Sialeeds
#5Tempest717Posted 10/18/2013 8:27:08 AM
I agree, the Vita's been relegated to being a simple parasite on the PS4. The only way it won't be seen as a failure is by feeding off the success of the PS4.
---
NNID/PSN: Tempest717
http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lybewnsXOY1qikhz3o1_r1_500.gif
#6squatch22Posted 10/18/2013 8:53:32 AM
And to do what a Wii U does on its own will cost a Sony fan $500+
---
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi. RIP Tom Clancy.
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#7bellzemoPosted 10/18/2013 10:05:10 AM
squatch22 posted...

With way more versatility.

The only issue will be whether or not there will be enough PS4/Vita users out there to justify making a Wii U type experience for them.
---
All that once was will be.
#8SlimeSwayzePosted 10/18/2013 10:07:40 AM
Why did you capitalize "has"?
---
Currently Playing: Fatal Frame and Papers, Please.
#9ServantOfErieosPosted 10/18/2013 10:11:15 AM
squatch22 posted...

Acting as if WiiU is on par technically with the PS4, lol

Remember when I said Vita/ PS4 combo killed any possible hype the WIIU would have and people laughed at me? My words were prophetic.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#10LvthnPosted 10/18/2013 10:14:58 AM
squatch22 posted...

Not true. My wife bought a nice lamp made from a rock of salt that collects dust just as well as a Wii U, and it cost a mere $10.