So I might be selling my Vita and replacing it with a Vita-2000

#1zandm7Posted 10/19/2013 10:45:19 AM
I love dat OLED, doe, but the extra battery life on the 2000 is all too tempting. I'm going to wait for more battery life impressions before making a decision but if Engadget's 8-hour mark is accurate, I may well have to jump on the 2000 bandwagon.

If, hypothetically, I do end up selling my 1000, how much do you think I could get for it? I'd probably include a PDP Trigger Grip and Resistance Burning Skies with it if I sold it. Think I could get $200 or more for all that?
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7
#2INKU48Posted 10/19/2013 10:51:46 AM
I think you'd get ~$130 for that on eBay and after that eBay will want some of that money too.

Assuming it's in good condition and preferably boxed. Absolutely no way you will get $150+.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#3HamsterPowahPosted 10/19/2013 10:55:56 AM
http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Portable-Charger-Sony/dp/B006JKARP8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382205206&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+battery

Give you 7 more hours and cost $20

Trust me when I say it's portable. People don't realize all you have to do is stick battery with plug in pocket. Then Vita gets 7 additional hours.

OR you can downgrade your screen, downgrade your cpu, downgrade outer shell quality, for just a hour of battery life.
#4cmincPosted 10/19/2013 11:09:16 AM
That thing that Hamster linked to is cool as hell. I'd go with that.

Back on topic, though (kind of), I bought my vita 7 or 8 months ago in like new condition (box and all) with a 32 gb card for $120.00. It's the 3g/ wifi model, too.
---
---
#5silenthill4vidPosted 10/19/2013 11:14:22 AM
screen being downgraded is subjective, but shell and CPU downgrade is absolutely false. everyone who has one says its way more comfortable.
---
splinter cell: blacklist......the latest game series turned generic shooter.
#6zandm7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 11:36:29 AM
HamsterPowah posted...
http://www.amazon.com/PS-Vita-Portable-Charger-Sony/dp/B006JKARP8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382205206&sr=8-1&keywords=vita+battery

Give you 7 more hours and cost $20

Trust me when I say it's portable. People don't realize all you have to do is stick battery with plug in pocket. Then Vita gets 7 additional hours.

OR you can downgrade your screen, downgrade your cpu, downgrade outer shell quality, for just a hour of battery life.

Except A) I already have a portable battery and B) that's still not nearly as convenient as just having better battery life. Plus if I had the Vita-2000 then I could extend the battery life past 15 hours using a portable battery, assuming 8 hours of battery life like Engadget says. And yeah, it's not just an extra hour of battery life...according to Engadget, with WiFi on and 50% screen brightness, the new Vita gets 8 hours of battery life which is almost double what I get on my 1000 using basically those settings.

Plus the only thing that's an objective downgrade with the 2000 is the build quality (more plasticky). Even so, many sites and reviews have cited the 2000 as being more comfortable than the 1000. The CPU is not downgraded in the 2000...and whether or not the screen is a downgrade comes down to personal preference. OLED and LCD each have their respective benefits and disadvantages.
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
#7zandm7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 11:38:17 AM
OK WTF. How come everyone is valuing used Vita's at LESS than used 3DS's? I just checked Amazon and used 3DS's go for $150 minimum. You guys are suggesting $120 MAXIMUM for a used Vita in nearly perfect condition.

Do people really just hate the Vita this much? SMH.
---
#8sticuPosted 10/19/2013 11:49:16 AM
Brand new Vita + Walking Dead + 4GB Memory Card bundle going at $199. Brand new Vita 2000, supposedly cheaper than $199 coming out, and Vita itself is pretty unpopular. ATM, there are literally no games in line up that would make people want to buy a Vita anyways.

No demand for used Vita 1000. You could try to sell it for $150, but I doubt anyone will buy.
#9INKU48Posted 10/19/2013 11:50:22 AM
zandm7 posted...
OK WTF. How come everyone is valuing used Vita's at LESS than used 3DS's? I just checked Amazon and used 3DS's go for $150 minimum. You guys are suggesting $120 MAXIMUM for a used Vita in nearly perfect condition.

The market wants 3DSes but the market doesn't want the Vita even at the same price as the 3DS. This is not because I hate the Vita, that I think the Vita sucks or that the Vita has no games. That's just the way it is. Look at Vitas at Amazon and you will see them go for less than $150. Look at them on eBay and you will see the same.

It's sad but true. Sony has failed miserably. We are sorry.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#10zandm7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/19/2013 12:15:25 PM
INKU48 posted...
zandm7 posted...

The market wants 3DSes but the market doesn't want the Vita even at the same price as the 3DS. This is not because I hate the Vita, that I think the Vita sucks or that the Vita has no games. That's just the way it is. Look at Vitas at Amazon and you will see them go for less than $150. Look at them on eBay and you will see the same.

It's sad but true. Sony has failed miserably. We are sorry.

Yeah, that's the way it seems from what I've been seeing on Amazon too :/ That sucks.

[SERIOUS] It just doesn't seem right. The Vita is a great little device and IMO the library is now definitely up to snuff that it offers at least SOMETHING for just about anyone. What really sucks is that Sony could have prevented all of this if they'd done EVERYTHING the same EXCEPT for advertising. If Sony had advertised the Vita harder at launch and continuously after launch, we probably wouldn't be seeing the same situation we are today. [/SERIOUS]
---