So I might be selling my Vita and replacing it with a Vita-2000

#21CompassPosted 10/21/2013 6:44:35 PM
silenthill4vid posted...
screen being downgraded is subjective

No, it really isn't.
#22SpotlessedenPosted 10/21/2013 6:45:39 PM
i think 1000 is better than the 2000 version. Not sure why you would want to sell it in a loss, then buy a new one again. Just keep it and get the 3000 later.
#23CompassPosted 10/21/2013 6:48:30 PM
People look for any excuse to throw money away on whatever's "new." Guaranteed if the Vita launched as the 2000 model, TC would be talking about selling that one and sacrificing battery life so he could afford the new 1000 model for dat OLED screen.
#24zandm7(Topic Creator)Posted 10/21/2013 6:57:42 PM
Compass posted...
silenthill4vid posted...
screen being downgraded is subjective

No, it really isn't.

Actually it is. Objectively, LCD and OLED both have their distinct and respective (and often mutually exclusive) advantages and disadvantages and thus which screen you prefer comes down to subjective preference. C'mon Compass, don't tell me you're following the hive mindset "OMG DAT OLED IS BETTER LCD IS CRAP!" You should know better ;)

Compass posted...
People look for any excuse to throw money away on whatever's "new." Guaranteed if the Vita launched as the 2000 model, TC would be talking about selling that one and sacrificing battery life so he could afford the new 1000 model for dat OLED screen.

You've actually contradicted your own argument here; you claim that people buy new stuff just because it's "new" and then use the example of me wanting the 1000, NOT just because it's new, but instead because of a significant feature which happens to be the OLED screen. Please try harder, Compass.

And actually I wouldn't be even considering buying the 2000 if I hadn't heard reports that its battery life is more improved than the 1 hour Sony suggests. I'm very much a "battery life" guy (always trying to squeeze the most battery out of my phone and whatnot) so having 8 hours instead of 4 hours of battery life sounds very appealing to me. If you look at previous threads here I think you'll find me dissing on the Vita-2000 and saying how it's stupid because of the cheap design and switch to LCD screen. I was not even considering buying one until I read about the alleged 8 hours of battery life. In fact, in several threads on here (and I'm sure on this) I have recommended people buy the 1000 over the 2000 when asked which model to get.

/topic
---
The Epic Shadow Meltdown Followed By Bromances (The Army Of Three) And The Vodka Showdown: THE BATTLE TO 500: http://goo.gl/ZedBUq
PSN: zandm7, Steam: zandm7