Am I the only one who is disappointed...

#1MotiJrPosted 10/19/2013 4:37:37 PM
...by the fact that Sony have relegated the Vita to a PS4 accessory? It seems the biggest draw that people mention when discussing the Vita is that it allows for remote play with the PS4. Is this really enough though? Don't people want more from their handheld than being an accessory? Surely, people should be promoting the games more, especially with all this indie support coming for the Vita. Are Vita owners settling for what they are being given?
---
I'm incredibly blunt so if the truth offends you, get in your bubble and blow away. No time to be fake and sugar coat things. You get offended, you deserved it
#2OhGoodGriefPosted 10/19/2013 4:41:34 PM
Yes.
#3INKU48Posted 10/19/2013 4:45:27 PM
It depends on the market. Sony's western Vita support is abysmal but in Japan it actually has decent games and with plenty more on the way. I have a preference for Japanese games so I honestly don't think the situation is bad at all (talking games, not sales) but had I bought the Vita for big blockbuster titles like they marketed it with initially I'd be very disappointed.

I'm a huge Ys fanboy so as long as I get Celceta I will be happy with the Vita.
---
Official Gomamon of the Pokemon X and Y Boards
#4sentoworfPosted 10/19/2013 4:47:13 PM
No. I'm not buying a PS4 anytime soon so the remote play means nothing to me. I just use the Vita to play fighters every now and then.
---
(@_@) Spinda is watching
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1320435_o.gif
#5LuminescentRulePosted 10/19/2013 4:54:02 PM
It allows to play the library of the best system of the coming generation? How is that bad?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
http://i.imgur.com/BkKidga.jpg
#6SagadegoPosted 10/19/2013 4:56:24 PM
OhGoodGrief posted...
Yes.

---
Now Playing:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team/Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan/(3ds) Persona 1/star ocean 1st departure (psp) Xenoblade(wii)
#7stargazer64Posted 10/19/2013 5:10:41 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
It allows to play the library of the best system of the coming generation? How is that bad?

Because no one will make dedicated Vita games anymore?
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#8LvthnPosted 10/19/2013 5:15:28 PM
LuminescentRule posted...

Pretty much. It was marketed from day 1 as having significant interactivity with Sony home consoles so this isn't a surprise. If anything it's finally delivering on a selling point.

Vita needs more games/localization but PS4 connectivity is absolutely not the problem. If anything, I wish more of the ported games were cross buy and cross save without needing remote play. If Dragon's Crown were a cross buy it would be a perfect example of how it should be.
#9j2zon2591Posted 10/19/2013 5:20:12 PM
I think that the RP feature doesn't really have much do to with it if it was already planned in the 1st place.

Still, I am disappointed with the lack of VITA support and even from Sony. Can't really blame Sony much tho. "Middle-tier" seems less appealing specially with a "portable console experience mantra".

There's a market for it but IDK if it's profitable enough. KZM sales are disappointing.

While I want Sony risking more (bigger budget games/3rd party IP publishings, aggresive VITA ads).. I can understand how they don't want to give much effort on an ailing/niche system as decided by the market internationally.

Right now, I'd like to see Sony probably target kiddies for the sake of raw sales. Maybe publish Skylanders (IDK if that's really a big kid game tho) and make it the best in the portable class.
#10hustlin_pimpstePosted 10/19/2013 5:24:46 PM
Maybe if Sony would just bite the bullet and make a really child friendly game like Pokemon it would get more sales from parents buying it for their kids.
---
Are you a racist? Find out here by taking the test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4aGzooQdk