So I haven't been here in months since the "Vita is doomed" spamming topics.

#11ServantOfErieosPosted 10/19/2013 11:11:51 PM
Sony products have a really long shelf life.
---
Lord Erieos is coming...
#12GuitaristMattPosted 10/19/2013 11:14:11 PM
The problem now is "Vita has no Vita games!" because all we are getting is 3DS/PS3 ports, but at least the system is picking up.
---
What does it mean if the PS Button glows blue?
"orcs are near" -OMG_A_PONY
#13darkphiresagePosted 10/20/2013 1:16:17 AM
don't worry tc. vita is still doomed and it has enough nails in it's coffin to make a 2x4 blush.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#14NuclearColdPosted 10/20/2013 1:24:30 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
The Vita has a nice selection of games currently. Sales wise it's still in a very precarious situation. The Vita 2000/Slim just released in Japan and sold 60k units. While that's a nice amount, the most important thing is that the Vita has sustainable sales. Unfortunately, this is a recurring issue where sales temporarily increase and return to low levels very quickly.

Pretty much on point.
---
3DS FC:2723-9569-7010. Pm me so i can add you back.
Playing: Pokemon Y, Persona 4:G, SMT:Nocturne, Muramasa Rebirth.
#15Bjorn_KeizersPosted 10/20/2013 2:53:24 AM
Well, here's another new Vita owner. I just ordered a bundle with the Mega Pack that includes LBP.

Maybe, just maybe, we're finally reaching some critical mass that would push users to adopt a Vita. For me, it was a combination of several factors that got me to buy a Vita.

One: the price drops on the system and memory. The savings compared to buying six months ago means you can buy at least one or two games with it.

Two: the bundles. Most people like a good deal, me included. A pack with 10 games is an attractive option. It basically ends up costing the same as just buying the console, but you get some games to get you going.

Three: there are some great games out, and the ones that were decent are now all cheap to buy. Especially if you're buying second hand games.

Four: the infrastructure and amount of content on PSN has grown since the release.

Five: there's nothing coming out for old PSP's right now. It's a dead system if you want to buy physical media.

All this combined means people like me - the ones with old UMD PSP's and a wait-and-see-attitude - are finally moving over to the new system.

We'll see if there's a sales bump come december.
---
3DS FC: 3695-0009-6751
#16atomicjuicerPosted 10/20/2013 6:02:14 AM
Killzone is brilliant but with ps4 and killzone shadow fall (and the ridiculous size of the patch) I decided not to buy it until next year.

Vita still a brilliant console though. Wipeout forever!!