Destiny of Spirits feedback topic

#1sinncrossPosted 10/25/2013 6:40:47 PM
This is a topic for all of those who are in the DoS beta and want a forum to provide feedback and bounce ideas around with other members.

This IS NOT a topic for those who have not played the game or who outright dislike the game.
If you have no interest in DoS now (or in the future after playing the beta) please do not participate in this topic.

I am not sure where the official feedback response for the beta is but maybe the devs will see this topic (if they browse gamefaqs etc)

Additionally, please dont make suggestions that go out of the bound of what the game is meant to be: for instance requesting that the game be made in 3D and not remain 2D etc.

Thanks
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Waiting on PS4
#2sinncross(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2013 6:43:31 PM
I will provide some of my suggestions first:

1) Menu font change. I think it looks a little tacky, and not the most easily identifiable font.

2) Load times/ screen transition smoothness: if anyone has played Puzzles and Dragons you would know what I mean. That games interface is pretty much flawless in terms of touch screen navigation and menu changes. it works quickly, and looks smooth. DoS, in beta form, is not at that level yet and I believe that the game is not taxing the PSV in any serious way for it not to be tp this standard.

3) Button operation: perhaps a little nitpick here but it would be nice to offer the use of the dpad and X/ O buttons for those who are not entirely comfortable with the touch only operation (which works perfectly fine btw)
---
Waiting on PS4
#3YumeOMiruPosted 10/26/2013 5:24:06 AM
1)More summoning options. I´m very glad they added Gravity Rush spirits, but they´re only up for a week. Some kinda theme summoning would be nice, like Grim fairy tales or Camelot for example.

2)Being able to "melt" C spirits for spirit points instead of deleting them for taking up space when you can´t merge anymore nor use them since they´re dead.

3)Daily quests, bonus stuff for playing daily and not just logging in

4)Story, would like more story about the spirits you have, to learn more about them, also overall story arcs would be nice.

5)I like that they added raids, but would love to have a more intuitive interface doing them.

6)The loading, make them faster godammit, 100mb/s here.
---
Having a dream is essential to live.
#4sinncross(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 5:09:39 AM
YumeOMiru posted...
1)More summoning options. I´m very glad they added Gravity Rush spirits, but they´re only up for a week. Some kinda theme summoning would be nice, like Grim fairy tales or Camelot for example.

I actually had an idea for this.

So the context of the game is that you are purifying earth by fending off spirits.
What if the devs started to introduce small worlds in the spirit realm.

Each world would have like 10 dungeons areas with battles ranging for beginners to top level players.

Each world represents a new Ip that is added to the game, such as Gravity Daze or Toro. More can be added over time, including 1st and 3rd party ips.

But theme summoning would be cool too.

Ok what about this suggestion;

_ Being able to swap out spirits mid battle, like Pokemon. Currently, you cna have 5 spirits in a fight with a friend spirit to join but only 3 fight at a time. Allowing players to swap out (though they would need to introduce a swap currency system of some sort I feel - like only 2 seaps per battle) could add an extra lvl of depth ad allow players to not have to always get creatures who go into dead status.

But you should not be able to choose to swap in or out your friends spirit since its not your spirit.
---
Waiting on PS4
#5gamezero6Posted 10/27/2013 5:05:48 PM
For those who played.

How is it?

I can't wait until they release it.
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069
#6sinncross(Topic Creator)Posted 10/27/2013 6:57:21 PM
gamezero6 posted...
For those who played.

How is it?

I can't wait until they release it.

its basically like a very basic JRPG but its addictive.
---
Waiting on PS4
#7sinncross(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2013 6:31:20 AM
How are others liking the beta?

seems like 16k ppl have tried it out.
---
Waiting on PS4
#8bellzemoPosted 10/28/2013 8:36:46 AM
sinncross posted...
How are others liking the beta?

seems like 16k ppl have tried it out.

The battles are slow and the game improves on nothing the genre has to offer. I will stick it out for the rest of the beta and see what happens to the game.
---
All that once was will be.
#9mike_411Posted 10/28/2013 8:47:32 AM(edited)
For those curious how this game plays, think exactly like Rage of Bahamut or similar card battlers. Unlike RoB however, the battles are done in a much nicer fashion and it feels like you are more in control of them. You can have 3 spirits on the field at once and your characters attack automatically when their little action gauge fills up (think like FF games). You also have an SP bar which your team shares that allows you to cast abilities like stopping the enemy's action bar or buffing your characters and the like.

All in all it's a decent game that improves upon the systems set in place by games like Rage of Bahamut. (I just wish it were more like Ayakashi ghost guild or Valkyrie Crusade.)

Onto suggestions:
I just really want trophy support and perhaps more spirit collaborations with Sony franchises in the future.
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
http://i.imgur.com/A2MOkcn.jpg
#10gamezero6Posted 10/28/2013 1:57:25 PM
mike_411 posted...
For those curious how this game plays, think exactly like Rage of Bahamut or similar card battlers. Unlike RoB however, the battles are done in a much nicer fashion and it feels like you are more in control of them. You can have 3 spirits on the field at once and your characters attack automatically when their little action gauge fills up (think like FF games). You also have an SP bar which your team shares that allows you to cast abilities like stopping the enemy's action bar or buffing your characters and the like.

All in all it's a decent game that improves upon the systems set in place by games like Rage of Bahamut. (I just wish it were more like Ayakashi ghost guild or Valkyrie Crusade.)

Onto suggestions:
I just really want trophy support and perhaps more spirit collaborations with Sony franchises in the future.

Sounds good can't wait to play it :)
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN(Ps Vita) ID: JinZer069