So psp can play ps1 classics. Can vita play ps2 classics?

#1razidPosted 10/27/2013 10:51:44 AM
On psn
---
Posted using GameFlux
#2psvitantifailPosted 10/27/2013 10:56:54 AM
razid posted...
On psn

The Vita is not powerful enough to emulate PlayStation 2 games nor does it have the same chipset the eDram
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#3Zero_ManiacPosted 10/27/2013 11:58:20 AM
We'll probably have to wait until next gen handhelds get out for that, TC.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Portal 2
Currently watching: Highschool DxD, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
#4psvitantifailPosted 10/27/2013 12:04:08 PM
Zero_Maniac posted...

I don't think sony is going to make another hand held they can't even support this one its ridiculous...
---
Oh no Charlie!!---
#5BehaviorismPosted 10/27/2013 12:13:17 PM
persona 4 golden
---
http://i.imgur.com/uFOiqoM.jpg
#6Zero_ManiacPosted 10/27/2013 12:18:44 PM
psvitantifail posted...
Zero_Maniac posted...

I don't think sony is going to make another hand held they can't even support this one its ridiculous...

That's true. I guess I should've said "hypothetically".
---
Currently playing: Skyrim, Portal 2
Currently watching: Highschool DxD, Full Metal Panic, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
#7mizukage2Posted 10/27/2013 12:21:12 PM
Behaviorism posted...
persona 4 golden

Was a remake designed to run on the Vita, not the Vita playing a PS2 game by running a PS2 emulation program.
---
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
#8elbarto1Posted 10/27/2013 1:54:59 PM
mizukage2 posted...
Behaviorism posted...
persona 4 golden

Was a remake designed to run on the Vita, not the Vita playing a PS2 game by running a PS2 emulation program.

Yeah. Vita can only play games optimised for vita (or PSP) like metal gear HD collection or p3p.
---
I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!
:XBL: THE B0DY :PSN: THE_BODY_ :NNID: The_B0DY
#9VegantoKeensPosted 10/27/2013 2:01:00 PM
It has to power to run ported PS2 games, but not emulate or natively run them. They have to tweak every single PS2 game to fit with the Vita. So far they've only done it for some HD collections.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake
#10psvitantifailPosted 10/27/2013 2:05:17 PM
VegantoKeens posted...
It has to power to run ported PS2 games, but not emulate or natively run them. They have to tweak every single PS2 game to fit with the Vita. So far they've only done it for some HD collections.

They did with the PlayStation 3 it cannot emulator PlayStation 2 games But you can get them from PSN, the Vita is more then powerful enough to run a PlayStation 2 game so why don't they do the same thing with the Vita?
---
Oh no Charlie!!---