Which Persona game to start with?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Which Persona game to start with?
2 years ago#1
I've never played a Shin Megami Tensei game, Persona or otherwise, and I'm thinking of trying it out. I'm torn between the first 3 Persona games (Only want to spend about $20 to test the series out, if I like it I'll spring for Persona 4 Golden).

Anyone have any input or suggestions? Any reason not to simply start at the first game?
XBL GT: Lawfulgoodness
2 years ago#2
I regret spending money on one and two, they didn't age well and also lack the social link system that lets you become more powerful by playing psychologist. I'd start with 3.
I mean, i never see the right bash the left on anything because the blame game causes more issues than anything-Josh
2 years ago#3
1 and both versions of 2 are very different (gameplay wise) than 3 or 4.

I suggest you just start w 4. If you don't like that you won't like persona.

Smt games are similar but different. If you have a ds play strange journey or devil survivor/ds2 - If you have a 3ds play 4 or over clocked.
(message deleted)
2 years ago#5
Persona 3 FES on ps2 or Persona 4 golden.

When i first saw the Persona 3 on ps2 it didn't seem that amazing to me. I did still impulse buy it and absolutely loved the game. On that game you need to make certain choice at near the end of the game and it will decide which ending you get. The thing is that i wasn't actually sure which was the right choice for the good ending and it was awesome because i honestly didn't know what would happen.

Persona 3 was so great game for me that i bought FES version and original P4 day 1.
2 years ago#6
Zezrs posted...
bloody smegma on toast

Making a sandwich are we sir? Suit you sir, OH, suit you sir!
2 years ago#7
If you are gonna play Persona just play P3 & P4, skip 1 & 2.
PSN: nightwing2099 (PS3 & PS Vita)
Systems I own: PS2, PS3, PSP, PSV, Original Xbox
2 years ago#8
darkness1018 posted...
If you are gonna play Persona just play P3 & P4, skip 1 & 2.

My turkey is so moist! #ThankYouBasteGod
2 years ago#9
just play 4
2 years ago#10
Do you like first-person dungeon crawlers, random battles and recruiting/fusing/creating/training mythical creatures both for you and your team? Then start with 1 or 2. Might want to look into other SMT games on the 3DS too.

Do you like a bird-eye view random-dungeon crawler where you can see your enemies on the map (although not necessarily avoid fight since they sprint at you) fused with some sort of japanese high-school social simulator (although you can still gain/fuse mythical creatures for your own use)? Then go with 3 or 4. 4 has a "whodunnit" mystery going on, if you're into it.
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. Which Persona game to start with?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived