Been looking for a Vita game for a while, any recommendations?

#1SonRokuPosted 10/28/2013 1:45:11 AM
I'm mostly an RPG, Harvest Moon, action, and adventure type of guy. I've been looking at a few games now; Ys: Memories of Celceta, Soul Sacrifice, Ragnarok, and Atelier Totori Plus. Any recommendations? My Vita has been collecting dust for some time now and I'd like to change that.
---
"Some friendships are so strong, they can even transcend lifetimes." - Roku
3DS FC: 4682-9815-9585
#2Laevant(Moderator)Posted 10/28/2013 1:48:25 AM
Atelier Totori and its sequel are both massive time-sinks if you enjoy them. Just be aware that the alchemy side of things definitely takes priority over battling and gaining levels, though you'll be doing your fair share of all of them. They also have a tonne of replay value.

<3 Harvest Moon
---
[Formerly Envirasu] [<3 MGO] [Cool Cats > all]
#3kankuro90Posted 10/28/2013 2:15:46 AM
Soul Sacrifice is a great game and has quite alot replay value.( grinding for spells to level and changing your build at will is always fun) Also its has a good story as well as great lore. Cant go wrong with it. Although the Delta version is coming out, though Im not sure if it will be released any time soon in the states.

Having not played Ragnarok Odyyssey ACE, which is the latest and greatest version I can only give my opinion on the vanilla version.
I enjoyed the gameplay but didnt like the way magic and archery were done. The mage couldn't use spells outside of combos, and felt way too much like a melee class. The hunters arrows only did full damage when you were right in front of the enemy so taking out enemies at a distance would result in terrible damage. Aside from that there is lots of gear and cards to grind for, as well as good multiplayer assuming you have a good connection.

I cant recommend Persona 4 enough. While not much replay value aside from seeing all the endings the game is brilliant and will last you a while. Took me 147 hours on my file to finally get a platinum trophy.

I am also excited for Ys :Celceta. It looks incredible, if you have never played Ys game before you can get Ys Seven on PSN for $15 I think. It will give you a good idea if you will like Celceta.

Also if you want a game a that isnt an RPG you could try...

DJMAX TECHNIKA TUNE ( this game addictive as hell and if you like it will last forever.)
VIRTUE'S LAST REWARD( mystey puzzle novel extraordinre. )
DISGAEA 3 ( great tactics game. Loads of levels to grind.)
---
GT: j0hnnyApp1eS33d
#4CBratePosted 10/28/2013 2:23:07 AM
Pretty sure Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice have demos on PSN. They convinced me not to buy them.