Sony made a loss of around $8 million across Q2 2013 on vita/PS2/3/PSP

#1xfactorPosted 10/31/2013 8:17:45 AM
http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/Sony+news/news.asp?c=54911&territory=asia

"Elsewhere, Sony's games business which wraps up the firm's flagging handheld, PS Vita made a loss of around $8 million across the quarter, with Sony highlighting a natural decline in PS2, PS3 and PSP unit sales."

The article stated that the Sony mobile (phone) business helped cushion the loss from the gaming business.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#2SuperDogqHDPosted 10/31/2013 8:19:16 AM
I am sure a lot of that is because the PS4. They are spending tons of cash and not making any moeny..yet
#3mike_411Posted 10/31/2013 8:26:43 AM(edited)
Ign stated Sony's gaming division has remained steady.

They apparently lost a bit of cash due to the flopping of White House Down. They also lost some due to the price drop not working out.
*totally called that one a while back*
---
I wish all weapons & armor looked identical.
http://i.imgur.com/A2MOkcn.jpg
#4stargazer64Posted 10/31/2013 8:29:27 AM
mike_411 posted...

They apparently lost a bit of cash due to the flopping of White House Down.

What's the world coming to when people won't go to the movies to watch a white guy and a black guy save the White House?
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#5cheezedadadaPosted 10/31/2013 8:32:16 AM
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

What's the world coming to when people won't go to the movies to watch a white guy and a black guy save the White House?

What the world really needs is another comedy where people switch bodies. Either that or a black & white buddy cop flick where the white guy learns how to listen to rap music from the Black guy.
---
"I just bought Divekick. 80% because it looks funny, and 20% out of spite" - SG64
PSN- cheezedadadada XBL- cheezedadada
#6stargazer64Posted 10/31/2013 8:35:58 AM
cheezedadada posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

What the world really needs is another comedy where people switch bodies. Either that or a black & white buddy cop flick where the white guy learns how to listen to rap music from the Black guy.

It's like you're reading my personal movie scripts as I write them.

Don't forget the ex-military muscle-man who gets pulled back into conflict when his daughter gets kidnapped.
---
"...so much wrong with this post it reached critical mass and became a black hole of ignorance from which no educated thought can escape." - GenocideH
#7hustlin_pimpstePosted 10/31/2013 8:42:23 AM
No, no, we need more whimsical farces, where misunderstandings happen aplenty.
---
Are you a racist? Find out here by taking the test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj4aGzooQdk
#8OhGoodGriefPosted 10/31/2013 8:45:24 AM
If there's anything rocky 1,2,3,4 and 5 has taught us, it's that we need rocky 6,7,8,9,10.

Throw it up on psn and boom, money.
#9talesfan215Posted 10/31/2013 8:54:25 AM
cheezedadada posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

Cheeze, I've missed you buddy. :)
---
It's funny, people say Vita has no games, yet defend a port to no end like MH3U, then hate on P4: Golden like its a direct, direct port. Hilarious irony.
#10RjmhartPosted 10/31/2013 9:07:57 AM
cheezedadada posted...
stargazer64 posted...
mike_411 posted...

What the world really needs in Anchorman 2. It's gonna happen. In like, 1 month!
---
Psn: big_bob002