how is jak 2?

#1dmx4940Posted 10/31/2013 12:09:59 PM
After a long gruelling experience playing jak and daxter in finally at the end and about to throw in the towel. What i was wondering is what is the gameplay like on jak 2 as i have that to play next once i finish jak and daxter but i don't want to carry on if jak 2 is just as bad. By bad i mean the lack if checkpoints and the constant need to fall off things and die.
---
http://live.xbox.com/member/Bigmanaw
#2maiden1993Posted 10/31/2013 12:15:53 PM
dmx4940 posted...
By bad i mean the lack if checkpoints and the constant need to fall off things and die.

You're going to absolutely HATE Jak 2, then. It's an incredibly frustrating game.

I would just play Jak 3 instead. It's like Jak 2 but way more balanced and fair; and just an all-around better experience.

Then again, I really dislike Jak 2; so I might be alone in this one.
---
I like most good things and hate most bad things. I'm not sure where you would fall on that.
#3Klon_RedfieldPosted 10/31/2013 12:16:45 PM
Oh boy, you had trouble with Jak & Daxter? Jak 2 is downright brutal, I did rage quit a couple times and I didn't have much problem with the first game.

Skip it if you want, I don't think you'll find it worth the trouble, it has some nice twists tho.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey III (DS), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS), TLoZ: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii), Valdis Story (PC)
#4CompassPosted 10/31/2013 12:21:17 PM
It's the best game in the series. Grow some ***** and play it. (Just not on Vita where the framerate is apparently abysmal.)
---
"Hate [for indies] seems to come from trolls who feel threatened Vita is getting so many of them, often times exclusively." -natureboy99, 100% serious
#5alexg1989Posted 10/31/2013 12:21:26 PM
dmx4940 posted...
After a long gruelling experience playing jak and daxter in finally at the end and about to throw in the towel. What i was wondering is what is the gameplay like on jak 2 as i have that to play next once i finish jak and daxter but i don't want to carry on if jak 2 is just as bad. By bad i mean the lack if checkpoints and the constant need to fall off things and die.

Jak 1 is mostly easy but does have some annoying parts... but I loved it on the PS Vita. I don't remember checkpoints being an issue in this game.

As for Jak 2, well if you hated the 'checkpoints' in Jak 1 then I'd say don't even bother with Jak 2 because even I felt the lack of Checkpoints in that game. That issue is worse. Not only that, but the game is completely different and takes a GTA spin where you can steal cars, drive to missions, accept missions, do races etc. Its very GTA-like and the platforming isn't really the focus. The focus seems to shift mostly to the hovercars which WOULD be fun IF they didn't all control horribly bad, and since most of the game you'll really have no choice but to use the hovercars, the whole thing becomes an uncontrollable mess. I hate Jak 2, I really, really hate it. Its praised by elitists for being hard despite the fact that its hard in the cheapest of ways. Hard + fun is a game like Rayman on the PS1, now THAT was hard... but I never felt cheated in that game. Jak 2 is garbage.

Want my advice? Skip Jak 2 completely and go straight to Jak 3. Jak 3 is actually pretty damn good though it does retain the cars, but they control better and the races are fun.

all in all, I thought Jak 1 was the best of the 3 and I'm highly disappointed that naughty dog thought it was a good idea to abandon pure platforming in favor of a badly made GTA knockoff...
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#6maiden1993Posted 10/31/2013 12:45:42 PM
alexg1989 posted...
dmx4940 posted...

I hate Jak 2, I really, really hate it. Its praised by elitists for being hard despite the fact that its hard in the cheapest of ways. Hard + fun is a game like Rayman on the PS1, now THAT was hard... but I never felt cheated in that game. Jak 2 is garbage.

I couldn't possibly agree more with this.
---
I like most good things and hate most bad things. I'm not sure where you would fall on that.
#7MrPoppadopolisPosted 10/31/2013 2:21:14 PM
I'm going to buy Jak&Daxter when my 64GB card comes in. I know the framerate isnt.... ideal, but if it's like Ninja Gaiden 2 framerate "problems", it'll be fine.
---
PSN - S1lentsurviv0r
#8ns_85Posted 10/31/2013 3:17:24 PM
The whole trilogy is atrocious. Sooner or later y'all will realize this.
#9wstfldPosted 10/31/2013 3:52:23 PM
My favorite Jak game.
---
Last Played: KZ Mercenary (8/10)
Now Playing: GTA V, StarCraft 2, Civ V, Sonic Generations, Spelunky, Killzone Mercenary
#10stawg007Posted 10/31/2013 5:34:59 PM
Compass posted...
It's the best game in the series. Grow some ***** and play it. (Just not on Vita where the framerate is apparently abysmal.)

This
and if said it before, I'l say it again, if I can complete Jak 2 as a young teen numerous times finding trouble in only a few areas, either I was very good back then which is unlikely or the game really wasn't all that hard, at least not to the point that the haters make it out to be

Anyways, forgetting about difficulty, the game has by far the best story and characters(1was a simple story yet fun and 3s was all over the place and it made most of the side characters irrelevant)

It also has the best gameplay, a great mix between platforming and combat(3 had too much buggy stuff and 1 was nothing more than a collectathon which is okay if the platforming is challenging which is wasn't for most of the game
---
lPayneToTheMaxl