how is jak 2?

#11alexg1989Posted 10/31/2013 6:13:19 PM(edited)
stawg007 posted...
Compass posted...
It's the best game in the series. Grow some ***** and play it. (Just not on Vita where the framerate is apparently abysmal.)

This
and if said it before, I'l say it again, if I can complete Jak 2 as a young teen numerous times finding trouble in only a few areas, either I was very good back then which is unlikely or the game really wasn't all that hard, at least not to the point that the haters make it out to be

Anyways, forgetting about difficulty, the game has by far the best story and characters(1was a simple story yet fun and 3s was all over the place and it made most of the side characters irrelevant)

It also has the best gameplay, a great mix between platforming and combat(3 had too much buggy stuff and 1 was nothing more than a collectathon which is okay if the platforming is challenging which is wasn't for most of the game

here's another possibility! you're one of those guys who enjoys pain? seriously, playing Jak 2 should be an event in the BME pain olympics...

note* don't google that unless you want to puke... I have given you fair warning.
---
PSN ID: psvitagamer89 ~~ God is fake, isn't it obvious?
Read my blog: http://www.artisticexpression.wordpress.com
#12PillyChicklePosted 10/31/2013 6:26:43 PM
I beat Jak 2 without too many problems. It's tough in spots, sure, but I think it's unfairly criticized. Jak 2 for me was my personal favorite in the series.
#13CompassPosted 10/31/2013 7:14:16 PM
Yeah, it's really good. I'm not a particularly skilled gamer in general and don't remember having too many issues, so the people who whine endlessly about its difficulty must be downright awful at games.

Then again, I wasn't going for 100% or anything. Maybe that's what people complain about? I just finished the game and moved on.
---
"Hate [for indies] seems to come from trolls who feel threatened Vita is getting so many of them, often times exclusively." -natureboy99, 100% serious
#14stawg007Posted 11/1/2013 6:30:36 AM
alexg1989 posted...
stawg007 posted...
Compass posted...
It's the best game in the series. Grow some ***** and play it. (Just not on Vita where the framerate is apparently abysmal.)

This
and if said it before, I'l say it again, if I can complete Jak 2 as a young teen numerous times finding trouble in only a few areas, either I was very good back then which is unlikely or the game really wasn't all that hard, at least not to the point that the haters make it out to be

Anyways, forgetting about difficulty, the game has by far the best story and characters(1was a simple story yet fun and 3s was all over the place and it made most of the side characters irrelevant)

It also has the best gameplay, a great mix between platforming and combat(3 had too much buggy stuff and 1 was nothing more than a collectathon which is okay if the platforming is challenging which is wasn't for most of the game

here's another possibility! you're one of those guys who enjoys pain? seriously, playing Jak 2 should be an event in the BME pain olympics...

note* don't google that unless you want to puke... I have given you fair warning.

Well, like I said, I didn't find it particularly difficult so I don't remember any pain

Thanks for the warning though haha
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#15TaaronPosted 11/1/2013 8:34:41 AM
I also vote for avoiding this one if you had issues with check points.

As for Jak 2, the only real portion of the game I hated was the driving portions. Vehicles never controlled well, very narrow roads, and often had to race from one side of the map to another with little to no mistakes allowed. Given that different random NPC vehicles would be at different positions at different times, sometimes clustering up while other times quite light, it made it difficult to perfect the racing portions. You really had to spend some time learning the route and get lucky on the traffic portion.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#16EpicMickeyDrewPosted 11/1/2013 1:29:46 PM
Compass posted...
It's the best game in the series. Grow some ***** and play it.

wstfld posted...
My favorite Jak game.

---
'I put the paper in one container and plastic in the other. On Sunday the containers have stickers on them. We call it Sticker Sunday' - mogar002
I'm British.
#17XNo_FearXPosted 11/1/2013 1:32:57 PM
lets just say because of Jak 2 I never bothered with the rest of the series
---
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8
#18VegantoKeensPosted 11/1/2013 1:38:00 PM
I can actually remember my younger self cakewalked Jak II. I couldn't believe it when I was getting owned by the game about half way through. It is still a great game though. Cool story, lovable characters and great game world. And it is not THAT hard. The original DMC3, now that was balls to the wall near impossible. I barely made it past the start menu at times.
---
Lord Erieos, *******!
GMT + 1 PSN = William-Lake