360 GT: FiendishFiend
Steam: Spidey555
#12__Blight__Posted 11/1/2013 5:18:18 AM
Growlanser 4
Valkyria Chronicles 2 - Strategy RPG. Really unique,
Valkyrie Profile - PS1 Classic
Ys 7 - Action RPG
Tactics Ogre LUCT
Final Fantasy Tactics - Adds 2 new job classes and better localization.
Persona 3 - If you like the Persona series.
Crimson Gem Saga - Old School style RPG.
---
This wretched world does not reward endeavor, it is the patron and his troupe who are receipt, maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. - FFT
#13INKU48Posted 11/1/2013 6:45:56 PM(edited)
Nothing really similar to Suikoden but most Tactics games let you recruit multiple characters and classes at least (Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre are good starts). Maybe if you liked Suikoden Tactics.

I'd recommend Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's a very traditional RPG with good characters and writing and a nice story. One of the best cliffhanger endings I've seen too and its sequel is finally being localized next year digitally for the PSP and Steam. It's a really nice game.
---
http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com/t1851-who-plays-sonic-still
#14akshat_316Posted 11/1/2013 8:25:29 PM
I will add brave story to that list. Very under rated game. Also get phantasy stars if you can.
---
http://www.staticshin.com
#15KGTriggerPosted 11/1/2013 8:41:47 PM
INKU48 posted...
Nothing really similar to Suikoden but most Tactics games let you recruit multiple characters and classes at least (Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre are good starts). Maybe if you liked Suikoden Tactics.

I'd recommend Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. It's a very traditional RPG with good characters and writing and a nice story. One of the best cliffhanger endings I've seen too and its sequel is finally being localized next year digitally for the PSP and Steam. It's a really nice game.

Don't forget to warn him about the awful combat.
---
PSN: PewPewPew809
3DS FC: 0344-9295-6089, pm for steam ID
#16__Blight__Posted 11/2/2013 3:38:17 AM
aksat_316 posted...
I will add brave story to that list. Very under rated game. Also get phantasy stars if you can.

Actually, that game is pretty bad.

If you are going for Suikoden style you might as well download Exit Fate. It's completely free.

On top of that, I heard that Legion Saga is pretty good.
---
This wretched world does not reward endeavor, it is the patron and his troupe who are receipt; maggots grown fat on endeavour's corpse. - FFT