So, why did YOU buy a Vita?

#1gadgaurdPosted 11/3/2013 10:07:43 PM
In my case, having skipped out on the PS3/Xbox360/Wii generation of consoles(do to my current living conditions, consoles would be a pain in the ass to maintain), every game on the Vita, minus P4G, was something I'd never even heard of. A good number of the games interest me, as well as a number of confirmed and possible localizations(and, like, 3 indies). The other handheld on the market, the 3DS, doesn't reach my minimum of 10 games I would buy to get it. And as a PSP owner who loves buying digitally, the Vita's ability to play PSP games was a bonus. These four reasons made buying the Vita a no brained, but of course since I'm a cheap bastard I held out 'till my PSP started crapping out. Lucky me, it didn't get serious until I'd gotten a job.

tl;dr: Didn't own a PS3/360/Wii, 3DS doesn't have enough games that interest me, Vita has numerous games and upcoming titles that do, BC with digital PSP games is sexy.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#2MarkthePhoenixPosted 11/3/2013 10:08:45 PM
Persona 4 Golden.

Then other beauties came in like Gravity Rush and Soul Sacrifice. Those two took me by surprise, since I love playing the so much.
#3Awesomest_PrimePosted 11/3/2013 10:09:19 PM
To play the games available on it and for portability.
---
It's so sunny today.
Drakengard 3 will be coming to Europe and North America in 2014.
#4MarkthePhoenixPosted 11/3/2013 10:09:37 PM
Oh, and expect Compass to come in with Vitasurance in about a few hours or so.
#5gadgaurd(Topic Creator)Posted 11/3/2013 10:13:22 PM
MarkthePhoenix posted...
Oh, and expect Compass to come in with Vitasurance in about a few hours or so.

...Hahaha, oh boy. I can't wait. ;)
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#6Klon_RedfieldPosted 11/3/2013 10:34:31 PM
P4G was the only reason until PS+ arrived, I bought mine like two days after the first 6 games became available to members.
---
Playing: Etrian Odyssey III (DS), TLoZ: The Wind Waker HD (Wii U), Valdis Story (PC)
#7ssringoPosted 11/3/2013 10:37:31 PM
3DS gives me horrible hand cramps after 10-15 minutes play-time even with Circle Pad Pro. Vita doesn't even if I don't use my Nyko Power Grip.

Not much of a fan of Nintendo's exclusives/first party titles. They can still get me with Metroid but they don't bring those out very often. Bayonetta 2 will be why I get a Wii U though. I tend to like Sony exclusives more and the Vita's (small) library has a handful of games that make the system very much worth it.

I work night shift and have a lot of downtime. I need a portable gaming system that isn't a phone.
#8j2zon2591Posted 11/3/2013 11:46:54 PM
PSP 3K owner
PJD fan

I thought it'd perform "similarly/exactly" like the PSP but it didn't/doesn't have anything like FF:CC announced (exclusive, 3rd party, high budget portable entry).

PS+ was also a nice service (I am also a PS3 owner and future PS4).
#9Omega_BlackPosted 11/4/2013 12:03:20 AM
I thought it would be a fun platform to have.
Unfortunately, it's more or less an expensive paper weight. It's sad because I had such high hopes for it. =(
---
Go where the games are...
Brawl FC: 2062 8812 4168
#10BramStarkPosted 11/4/2013 12:04:52 AM
My grandma was supposed to give me a PSP as a gift for my graduation.. She bought a Vita instead.
---
Now Playing: Beyond: Two Souls(PS3) ~ Atelier Meruru Plus: The Apprentice of Arland(VITA)
PSN: BramStark