Sony claims "Growing library of games at your fingertips in advertisement".....

#1EravelPosted 11/4/2013 3:00:40 AM
60% percent of the games they display are ports, and 40% are indies. What the hell are they thinking of?
#2gadgaurdPosted 11/4/2013 3:15:18 AM
Eravel posted...
60% percent of the games they display are ports, and 40% are indies. What the hell are they thinking of?

Huh. Besides doubting those numbers(didn't we recently get VK3?), that still fits the bill of "growing library of games". It will, if nothing else, appeal to people who skipped the current gen consoles.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#3wilstreakPosted 11/4/2013 3:17:15 AM
Growing means increasing, whether it is entirely new IP, port or Indies, Sony doesn't lie in their ads. It is just a little bit tricky and may misleading

But it says nothing about whether their library are huge or tiny currently.
#4INKU48Posted 11/4/2013 3:46:08 AM(edited)
Most people consider an indie game or a port "a game". Even a flash game is "a game". One new flash game every month for a year becomes a "growing library of games".
---
http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com/t1851-who-plays-sonic-still
#5Eravel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 3:40:50 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Eravel(Topic Creator)Posted 11/4/2013 3:43:49 AM
I do hate to sound snarky, but if I were a consumer choosing between the Vita and a 3DS, I'm pretty sure people would go with Super Smash Bros. over Spelunky. After all, people do want quality in their games, not padding. After all, most indie on the Vita are Flash games with a price tag.
#7gadgaurdPosted 11/4/2013 3:50:38 AM
Eravel posted...
I do hate to sound snarky, but if I were a consumer choosing between the Vita and a 3DS, I'm pretty sure people would go with Super Smash Bros. over Spelunky. After all, people do want quality in their games, not padding. After all, most indie on the Vita are Flash games with a price tag.

So why did you buy a Vita? I bought mine for quality games that interest me. I didn't buy a 3DS for a notable lack of that.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#8DarkFistsPosted 11/4/2013 4:04:33 AM
Within the next few months, we have Ys: Memories of Celceta, Danganronpa, Tearaway, Sorcery Saga, and Demon Gaze coming out as completely new titles (well, Ys is a remake, but it might as well be its own game), I may be forgetting some as well...

Sounds like an expanding library to me.
#9gadgaurdPosted 11/4/2013 4:07:53 AM
DarkFists posted...
Within the next few months, we have Ys: Memories of Celceta, Danganronpa, Tearaway, Sorcery Saga, and Demon Gaze coming out as completely new titles (well, Ys is a remake, but it might as well be its own game), I may be forgetting some as well...

Sounds like an expanding library to me.

Toukiden, Freedom Wars, maybe God Eater 2.
---
Vesna esta holicia.
#10INKU48Posted 11/4/2013 4:09:29 AM
Isn't this just another "I hate indie games and wish Sony would give us "real" games" topic? The point of it doesn't seem to be that the claim Sony makes is false, just that you don't like indie games.
---
http://gamingforum.free-message-board.com/t1851-who-plays-sonic-still